Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:07 am 
I am upgrading from D70

I wanted something lighter for travel and video
I started looking at Canon 3i, with all the reviews pointed towards getting 60D

I bought 60D
here is what i like and have seen from reviews: -better at video 30fps, continuous mode as shown in cameralabs review dosent lag where as 7100 does slow down to 1 pic per second after about 10
what i dont like: the 2 circular controls is hard to use/press etc, not feeling comfortable with Canon menu, buttons

then started looking at perhaps getting D5100 but all reviews point towards getting D7000 instead.

D5100: cons: no manual video except workaround with aperture
What I do like: Special Effects: minature, selective color etc. Can someone guide if I can do these with which software?

D7000: love it grip, feel, 39 point focusing, picture quality, dual cards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:56 am 

Well, generally I'd say to go for the camera that feels the most comfortable in your hands, the one that has the better grip and the one that has the best overall feel. That would be the D7000, but I may just be saying that because I'm a Nikon fanboy :) But if video capture is super important, You may want to stay with the 60D. I'd personally recommend that you go with the Nikon though, as I believe that having a camera that's comfortable to hold is more important.
If you stick with Nikon, you'll also be able to keep your lens collection from your D70, which is a huge benefit considering that tyou wouldn't have to buy any new lenses.

And regarding the buffer issue, I haven't had any problems with my D7000, shooting in large, fine JPEG. That's personal though, depending on what you shoot it could become a problem.

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:40 am 

Quote:
What I do like: Special Effects: minature, selective color etc. Can someone guide if I can do these with which software?

photoshop should be able to get this right ;)

Quote:
D7000: love it grip, feel, 39 point focusing, picture quality, dual cards

now that is important, what is a camera worth to you if it wont be comfortable to shoot with, but rather distracting?

but if video is more important than still image, i guess you could stay with 60D...

add me up on:

flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakica/

deviant art:
http://tbensic.deviantart.com/

----:>bakice ce vladati svjetom<:----