Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:17 pm 
Some time ago, I had to make some portrait-photo's for our photoclub, and this is what I've made:

In the first picture, you can see a sign, which you can't read because of the fact that it is in Dutch (I'm from Belgium), and because of DOF, but for a Belgian, it should be quite recognisable, and it says: 'children playing'. I thought it could be funny to combine it with these ol' geezers... :D
These were also the first photo's I took with a (borrowed) D80.

Then, I also made some self-portrait-shots, but I wanted to keep myself as unrecognizable as I could (I don't like seeing my own face on a photo), so this is what I came up with:

Both were taken with an Canon Ixus 65 (I believe it is called otherwise outside Europe, but it's a point-and-shoot camera)
Comments please

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:13 pm 
i have made a few light changes on this pic let me know what you thing

and this one sorry i did them quickly if i had a bit more time it would have been alot better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:22 am 
I like the last shot of "the face" best, but the eye is cool to.

The ol'geezer in the 2nd shot reminds me of the short film "jary's game" from "A Bug's Life" the old guy playing chess with himself lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:21 pm 
f_hidri wrote:
i have made a few light changes on this pic let me know what you thing

and this one sorry i did them quickly if i had a bit more time it would have been alot better

I liked the blue colored eye, but the first photo (with the light changes) was 'unavailable at Flickr' immediatly, so I never got to see it (and now the other one has gone as well :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

Hi f_hidri, I've noticed quite a few of your images from flickr say they're no longer available - si this becuase you take them down or is there another problem? (of course it could also be my ISP).

If you are embedding images in posts please do make sure you keep the images online or that you edit the posts to remove or update them - thanks!