Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Canon 10-22
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:41 pm 
Hi. I watched the review of the 10-22 and I want to know if it's true that it is really low distortion ? I love landscape but i don't want to edit all my pictures for distortion. Also the lens is pricey for a poor student like me, 700$ ain't cheap.. I don't want to buy the wrong thing !

I have an XTi (400D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:58 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Cr4zYH3aD, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

Have you had a look at the results in our 10-22mm review?

Check out www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon1022EFS/page4.shtml and www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon1022EFS/page4e.shtml to see some examples. It really is one of the best ultra wide lenses around...

Also here: www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon1022EFS/page5.shtml

The main review of this lens starts here: www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon1022EFS/

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:35 am 
Thank you very much for your time & answer Gordon ! BTW< I would like you to test more Canon lens !

The lens seems to have minimal distortion but it is not L quality - I guess it's not a big deal.

It seems to indeed show massive field, which is nice. I guess I can't escape the distortion with wide angle lens and that one seems to be the best.

But it comes with no hood .. hope it's not too pricey. Canon should provide a lens hood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:48 am 
Site Admin

I agree, Canon should supply lens hoods with ALL their lenses, but they only do it for their L models. I reckon that's just plain mean!

Canon says the EW-83E hood works on the 10-22mm - it's the same one as for the 16-35mm L. Click here for the latest pricing.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:08 am 
Thanks for the informations Gordon. Can we expect a new video review soon ? I really like them. The longer the better !

As for my next lens, I can't decide between 10-22 or 70-200 F2.8/L..or maybe 300mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:07 am 
Site Admin

Hang on, 70-200mm f2.8? I thought you said you were a poor student!

Still, if you get the chance, it is an amazing lens - unbelievably quick focuser...

As for the videos, we're doing one for every new review we publish - and also going back over some older popular ones and adding videos to them. So look out for new videos to some Canon lenses in the future!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:06 am 
I admit, I can't purchase a 70-200 f2.8/L... dream on..dream on.

I'm gonna wait for the other review ! :)