Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:25 pm 
Hi folks,

My first post on here and I'm reasonably new to dslr's.

I've recently brought a Canon 550D and been inspired by a series of timelapse video's I've seen. I've solved my intervalometer issue by adding Magic Lantern to the camera and its currently sitting outside on the balcony taking shots of the stars.

What I'm trying to work out is the best way to adjust the exposure as the day transitions to night as smoothly as possible.

The night time settings are 30 seconds, F11 and ISO1600 using the 18-135 kit lens at 18mm. The camera is set to take a photo every minute

I'm in the UAE so days are hellishly bright. Cant remember what the day time setting is but obviously its a long way from a 30 second exposure with an ISO of 1600!!!!

Havent worked out how long the transition is from day to night either :-S

Lots to work out. Any help gratefully recieved

Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:18 am 

You'll be jumping in at the deep end with a day to night time lapse, or vice versa. I've had a little look and found this link:

http://timelapse.theusner.eu/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:30 pm 
I like deepending myself, nothing wrong with a big bite of more than I can chew :lol:

The site from the link has a couple of great tit bits of info I'll try, thanks