Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:39 am 
Wout, I've tried both in AFS and AFC, no beep...

Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:24 am 

Just set the beep on in the custom setup?

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:46 am 

Well, in AF-C it won't beep, because it is Continuously AF-ing, you would go crazy of the beeps. I always have my beep off, so I don't know why it doesn't beep. Does it show the in focus indicator?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:24 pm 
EvanK wrote:
I've had no problems with overheating before, but so far my longest videos have been 5 minutes or shorter.

I'm gonna end up using it for an event. How do you think it'll handle continuous usage in video mode?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:56 am 

I've tried some more videos recently, so far no overheating. However, do keep in mind that a DSLR's sensor isn't meant for video recording, so there still is probably a chance of overheating. A camcorder's sensor would be better, but a DSLR still should be fine.

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 am 

I do hope Nikon has chosen this sensor because it is meant also for video recording. Hence the 20 min record time and not only 5 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:06 am 
I spoke with the Nikon dudes at the Nikon Booth at WPPI about this issue. They said it's been resolved.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:46 am 
I found this very interesting D7000 vs 7D Live View comparison: http://testcams.com/blog/2011/03/25/nik ... live-view/

...the three videos are quite informative.

Post subject: D7000 shutter question
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:16 pm 
Hello i went to the store todat to look at some DSLR's. It will be my first DSLR. I held a bunch of DSLR in my hands both Canon and Nikon.

The canons didnt feel very good in my hand. The D3100 was too small the D5100 was just a bit to small.. The D90 and the D7000 just felt right in my hands holding it and looking through the viewer. Especially the D90 felt good. So in short i want either a Nikon D90 or a D7000. Mainly becuae it feels good in the hands and becuase of the hardware buttons on the body such as ISO, white balance (which canon doesnt think is important) and stuff like that.

Now i have a question about the D7000 shutter.
At the D90 you really feel the metal shutter button when its half way and you feel when its pressed in all the way. You get good feedback (on the D5100 too, same shutter i think, feels the same anyway).

With the D7000 there was this flimsy plastic button what was supposed to be the shutter but you dont get any feedback. How does it work with this thing.

By the way the cameras didnt have any batteries in them. So maybe the shutter on the D7000 work properly when it has power????

Can somebody explain to me if the shutter works oke or not.
the shutter is like the most important button on the camera so its kind of important for me to know if this shutter is better then the D90 or worse then the D90. feels worse to me, but maybe it was becuase the power wasnt on?

I hope to hear from you. I really like this site. I liked the video review on the D7000. Good expalnation of the hardware buttons. Show you real life usabilty of the camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:36 pm 
The D7000 has been fitted with a "mushy" or "soft" (not sure the exact term) shutter button as per all the pro cameras.

The D90 has a "two click" shutter button as per amateur cameras.

Its perfectly normal, the mushy option lets you shoot at slower speeds without motion blur or knocking the camera to slightly miss your framing last second.

Not a deal breaker in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:58 am 
I tried the D7000 again yesterday at a store which had it on demo.
You hardly have to do anything to autofocus and its very close to actually activating the shutter. It happend a few times that i accidently skipped autofocus and activated the shutter immidiately.

But i guess its something you have to get used to. I probabaly see the benefit of very light touches to the button is enough to make a shot, but i also see how you accidently might overpress the button and skip autofocus.

I guess only longterm use will tell.

I also had the feeling that autofocus didnt really work very well when i was already "almost focused", so the last bit didnt auto foucus, b ut it work fines when i manually did a big out of focus manually and then used autofoucus to set the lens in fous again. But because its was in "idiot mode" (absolutely everything in automode) and it was a bit dark in the store as well so maybe AF didnt pick up contrasts very well, which is a problem all autofocus systems have more or less.

I guess all in all i can learn to love this camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:12 pm 

nikonfreak wrote:
which is a problem all autofocus systems have more or less.

Depending what lens was on there. Usually the lens used on the demo cameras aren't very bright as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:31 am 
This weekend i bought a D7000 and a nikkor 70-300mm VR ED f4.5-f5.6 lens. The camera isn't really that difficult to operate and the ViewNX2 software helps you improve the results.

I am impressed with this camera, At first i was disappointed becuase the photos were all soft but it turned out i had to turn the sharpness setting up to +9 and that made a huge difference. It also worthwhile to play a bit with the RAW color profiles (Neutral, standard, landscape etc..) Standard and landscape seem to work the best (outdoors anyway). I like the ViewNX2 software that come with it, is easy to use and can make dramatic improvements on your RAW photos. It also help you understand which settings in the camera should be changed (because these setting are also in ViewNX2). here are some results:
Not bad for a cheap lens 358 euro). I have to get used to ViewNX2 a bit more to make the pictures even better. Maybe the bambi pictures are a bit overdone with the gras colors or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:23 am 
With my D7000, the focus points that were selected do not display when I review the picture.

The frame for the autofocus points is there, but it's not showing any of the points when I play back.

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:44 pm 
Hi Nikonfreak.

I have just purchased the D7000 as well, and I know what you mean about the button - but there is a setting in the camera to allow for the focus to be achieved before shooting vs taking the shot regardless if a focus is achieved not not.

The default is the latter setting, but I changed it - so that only after a focus is obtained will it allow the pic to be taken - so it works fine. Doubt it will be an issue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next