Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:15 am 

8 years ago, I bought my first digital camera. It stayed in my cabinet for about 7 years. With the people around me and how they take pictures (mostly self-portraits), it never really got me interested on photography. That is, until I started taking vacations and day-offs; going around this country (South Korea). I realized that there is more into it than just taking pictures of yourself as proof that you've been places (the real thing that turned me off taking pictures). So out came my old digicam and taking shots of places and things that I find more interesting than myself.

Curiosity got me to check out the buttons with all the EVs, ISOs, and WBs, in it, educated me that photography is not just some technology, but indeed art. Months passed and tinkering with those settings made me hunger for more of it which lead me to buy my first DSLR and so treated as my real first camera.

All thanks to Gordon's reviews, and with much brain-exploding decision making, I got my Canon EOS 60D. And no matter how over-whelming, thanks to the forums and tutorials from Camera Labs, I got to grow a little and even more so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome on-board Phoenix!

Don't forget to check out our monthly assignment section!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:56 am 

Thanks Gordon. I just took a peek at that page. The submissions are intimidating. I see them more as inspirations rather than competition. I'm in no way in that league to submit mine yet. But I still take the challenge for myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:25 am 

Welcome to the forum Phoenix Jackson!

Oh that is so lame, every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she’s a photographer -Stewie Griffin