Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Joe.

Regrading that last screen grab, it looks good, but only shows a single frame, not actual motion or scene cuts. When heavily compressing video, smooth motion or clean cuts can be greatly compromised. I'm also assuming a variable bit rate was used for that recompression, which may have delivered a high rate with minimal compromise for that detailed scene, but may turn up the compression a lot for simpler scenes with people / faces in them, which in turn could result in greater artefacts.

I've watched some heavily compressed HD movies and while they are very impressive for their file size, they rarely match the original Blu Ray for consistent high quality on a big screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:28 pm 
Gordon I watched it on a 120" screen with my new Epson TW3200 a full HD projector and as hard as I tried to see any flaw, I could not.

Post subject: HD video editing
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:57 am 

This is something that I had completely overlooked in my research for a new camera with HD video.
I am not going to upgrade my PC just for editing a few travel videos.
Will just have to be more careful while filming. I wonder if any of these compacts allow for in-camera editing?
Other than that, will have to wait and see if W7 is updated to handle HD.
Al of this new technology has a lot going for it, but it also has far reaching affects that are not always obvious.