Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:17 am 

OK.. so I have now played with a bunch of new softwear for geotagging images and I got to say Garmin's BaseCamp rocks. Rather than having to use several programs this allows you to do everything in one. It allows you to use the Garmin map or Google Earth and also allows you to pin your pics on either. You can save all your tracks, show them on any map and pin your pictures to any map. The other little thing I love as a wildlife photographer is that for each track saved it has a little text box for notes. Here I put in the date, the time I was out for, weather conditions and any other notes from my outing for the day reguarding wildlife encounters.

Reflections On Canadian Wildlife
My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:41 am 
Site Admin

Good tip, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:00 pm 

I agree. Geotagging is really fantastic. I already have a gadget –Eztag GPS with my D5000. Took so many photos that with geo info inside. Cool! Web Application Mania

Last edited by smig21 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:30 pm 
Isn't there an error in this "Offset by Lat/Long" method? If at the beginning of your photo shoot you take several pics over say 10 minutes at the same location, then how will the program know of which recorded track point (there might be several if the logger logs every x seconds) to use the time to calculate the offset?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:26 pm 

Hi all, does anyone know of a way that I can use the GP-E2 to give me the GPS location, but with an offset... so not where the camera is but rather that of the subject being taken?