Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:35 pm 

I've been creating DVD slideshows for a few years now using Roxio. I'm currently using Roxio 2009 and recently created a slideshow that resulted in several "gaps" of missing pictures in some of the chapters. I was unable to get any useful feedback from Roxio in terms of maximum number of photos, etc., per track. so, I've decided to move onto to a different product.

Can someone recommend a good app (for PC) for creating DVD slideshows, that will allow incorporation of video and music? Sony Vegas Movie Studio perhaps? My budget is $100. Thanks for any feedback!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:49 pm 

Pixelised - You might look at the free DVD-Styler for Windows (also for Mac and Linux.)

Features

* create and burn DVD video with interactive menus
* design your own DVD menu or select one from the list of ready to use menu templates v1.8.0
* create photo slideshow
* add multiple subtitle and audio tracks
* support of AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, OGG, WMV and other file formats
* support of MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, Xvid, MP2, MP3, AC-3 and other audio and video formats
* support of multi-core processor
* use MPEG and VOB files without reencoding, see FAQ
* put files with different audio/video format on one DVD (support of titleset)
* user-friendly interface with support of drag & drop
* flexible menu creation on the basis of scalable vector graphic
* import of image file for background
* place buttons, text, images and other graphic objects anywhere on the menu screen.

There are Guides and Tutorials in about 9 languages - click "Documents" at the left on the first page. Styler is at:

- w_w.dvdstyler.de/en (not sure if okay to link it here, but you'll find it.)

Here I use Linux "Imagination" for slideshows that export to DVD or render as videos, with transitions, audio, menus, etc - but as far as I can see, that's not ported to Windows, yet, though there are Mac and BSD versions.

Dave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:52 pm 

My preferred software is Proshow Producer, but it is a bit more than your budget. However, they have a lighter version and is available as a trial download, google "Proshow Gold" and Im sure you will find it.

GL

http://www.alanwilliamsphotography.co.uk
BLOG: http://www.ayrshireweddingphotographer.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:41 am 

Thanks everyone! Some good suggestions here. I will check them out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:50 am 

It depends how serious you are, I use adobe PSE8 with adobe premier elements, the elements part makes the DVD slideshow/movies and burns to DVD. I don't use the Premier Elements to create a slide show,

I use the PSE8 organiser part to create the slide show and use an app called convertXtodvd by VSO. This app (VSO) has some great DVD menu styles, cheap and easy to use, it creates DVD's in NTSC (your format) and Pal (UK and Oz format), this is good as I send DVD's to Canada. Both adobe and VSO have a free download to try or have a look at their demos.

Cheers