Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:46 am 
Doesnt Lightroom show the shot settings and file info in detail ?

All i can see is some very basic info in the uppermost part of the develop > tool tab.

Even canons free zoom browser software shows a transparent overlay with as much info about the current picture that you'd like to have displayed (you can choose which elements youd like shown from the pref settings) as an overlay when you click the display info button from the toolbar. Once clicked as you browse pics the info keeps showing for each respective picture.

Is there anyway this can be done from within adobe lightroom.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:05 am 
Anyone please ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:50 am 
OK i got it with some experimentation. I think the interface is a little silly. Youve got to press i to display some paltry exif info. The exif data is shown in huge fonts as if its for children, i dont see a preference where you can turn down the font size. Secondly it still cant show as much detail as canon's zoombrowser or digital photo professional can show. LR can show only 4 pieces of information. and then to see another 4 elements of exif you have to press I again. What about people who want to see more settings all in one panel ? Seems badly thought out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:42 am 

If you press crtl - J you can change the settings in Loupe view. It still might not be as much info as you are looking for, but at least you can change it to the common info you may use :?:

HTH

http://www.alanwilliamsphotography.co.uk
BLOG: http://www.ayrshireweddingphotographer.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:14 pm 
Hi Alan, im aware of the CTRL+J option. That gives very minimal info. Just 4 lines. And can cycle between another 4 lines of info. And not very useful info either.

If your a canon user and have used ZBrowser you must be aware of what im talking about when it comes to exif info display overlay. It shows you picture style, NR status, Lens IS Status, LE NR Status, Everything you had going on in the camera.

This doesnt even come close. Also the metadata panel in the library module isnt great either. IPTC is more of where you were, what color clothes you were wearing and your lat & long kind of stuff, And "you steal my pic, i break your nose" kind of copyright notices. Not exactly technical photographic info i would say.