Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:26 pm 
I chose Pentax for their long standing reputation. The brand was very appealing to me when I started with my first DSLR because they offered a lot of high end options for a cheaper price (weather sealing, etc). Who could go wrong when having the option to use any Pentax lens on a brand new body or built in remote trigger for off camera flash.

However, as I grew as a photographer, I wanted to start expanding my lens collection and equipment which as you know is not a cheap endeavor. Where I live, Pentax equipment isn't just sitting on the shelf at any local shops. Everything has to be ordered and shipped in. I don't live in the middle of no where either. I live in a large city. So to add to what Gordon said about improving their relationship with the press, I believe they really need to step it up in terms of marketing. I find the Pentax line to be very much geared to entry level and mid level photographers. No pro model bodies are available for them which is understandable when you look at the shape the company has been in since the digital age started.

What I mean is, I invested my money into the Pentax line over the last few years but refuse to invest anymore because eventually, when I want that beautiful Pro series camera to go along with the thousands of dollars i've invested in lenses, there won't be a pro body waiting for me. That is why I have such disappointment in Pentax and until I can afford to switch, Pentax will continue to be my brand.

Many of you will not agree with me, but this is my opinion.