Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:00 pm 

A friend of mine had the 18-200, and I tested it (of course). I wasn't really impressed. The zooming and focusing just did not feel smooth, and the optical quality was....well, it's what you'd expect from a budget 18-200.

I heard the newer Sigma 18-200 OS (stabilised version) is quite good though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:03 pm 
yea i would be getting the OS model.
An the reason im after a this lens is i never realy plan what im going to shoot i often just go out and see what i find. Also for filming local events and stuff.
I dont really wana be changing lens, i would rather keep myself versatile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:59 am 

Are you looking at the non-OS or the OS version? . Here's my review of the OS version: http://www.aputure.com/blog/2010/11/24/ ... h-samples/

The non-OS is significantly smaller, and I think it'd be a useful lens to have when you want good range in good light. I also contend that build quality with these lenses is actually quite good (on both versions - even better than the Canon 18-200IS which I also have) I've had mine for almost four years now, knocked it around quite a bit, and it's still going strong. I might take a look at hte 18-250 OS instead just to get a bit more range. Despite the softness at the end of the zoom, I've still been able to get plenty of useable shots, and it's really a fun lens and range to have on your camera all at once.