Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:01 pm 
Hi all!

I'm new to this forum and just thought I'd drop a line and say hi to everyone!

So I've always wanted an external flash and here in Canada, it costs way too much...(F58AM retails for $549.99 + 12% tax)
My sister was coming back from Hong Kong and since its my hometown, I know things are much, much cheaper there...
So I asked her to pick up the F58AM in Hong Kong for me...
it retails for roughly $300 CAD with no tax there, so that's half of what I'd pay here!!! (Note: F42AM retails for $349.99 CAD before tax).

Just got my hands on the flash for a few hours and I've been playing around and testing all the different functions on it, I just want to say I'm beyond amazed at the quality and difference it makes compared to a built-in flash...I know of course there's gonna be a huge difference...but still, very impressed!!

Additional question for my peers in this forum...
For my A550, I currently only have the 18-55mm kit lens and a 50mm f/1.8 lens...
I've been looking around for an upgrade, in terms of a general purpose lens that I could carry around on a daily basis...
Got my eyes on the 16-80mm CZ lens, after reading numerous reviews online, I'm still worried about the disappointment I'd get from the build quality and auto-focusing...

Is there a better option out there with roughly the same price tag?

Sorry for the LONG post, but thanks in advance :)

Cheers! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:29 am 

Congratulations on the F58AM.

Apple: MacBook Air (11-in, 1.8GHz i7), Mac Pro (12-core 2.66GHz), MacBook Pro (15-in), iMac (21.5-in, Core i5), Mac mini Server (2.66GHz), iMac (24-in, C2D), PowerBook G4 (12-in, 1.33GHz), iMac G4 (1.25GHz)x2, PowerMac G4 (dual 1.44GHz).
iPhone: 5s, 5, 4S, 4, 3G
iPad: Air, Mini, 4, 3, 2, original (all models are 3G/LTE)
iPod touch: 5th gen x2, 4th gen x2 & 1st gen,
4 x AirPort Extreme, 2 x Time Capsule...