Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Good news! I got the A33 back again, so hope to complete my review in the next two to three weeks. I also now have the Panasonic GH2 so it'll allow me to compare their performance side by side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:24 am 

That`s really good news, hurry Gordon hurry :D my B-day is coming in February and i must decide which camera to buy. I`m currently deciding between the A33 and the Canon 550D (or maybe something new will be anounced on feb in Cp+). :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 pm 

Hi guys, I bought an a55 at the end of october for going to morocco. The camera is excellent! I'll try and go into more detail about the pros and cons of the camera later when I get the time. The only problem I had with the camera is the fact that the battery overheats when I'm filming. It normally happens at 3.30-4 minutes of filming. Is this a frequent problem with this camera or have I just got a bad battery?

Oh, I'll try and upload some images soon for y'all to check out. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:36 am 

Hi Bumbaboss, Sony has recently stated that their new A55 and A33 cameras will overheat after a couple minutes of video capture when the in-body SteadyShot is turned on.

You can read this in this article:
http://www.popphoto.com/video/2010/09/tested-sony-a33-and-a55-video-overheating-issue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:26 pm 

Dear Gordon. My name is Hector Im from buenos aires, Argentina, own a Sony A33, I want to contribuite with something that I found in the net and is about how to control aperture when you record a movie, the following is part of a PDF edtided by SONY:

English
About movie recording
 If you want to adjust the blurring of the background, set the mode dial to “A”
and set the camera to the manual focus mode. You can adjust the aperture
using the control dial before shooting.
 In bright conditions, if you use the autofocus, the image motion may not
be smooth (high speed shutter). In such a case, the manual focus mode is
recommended.

Well I tested and it works, I hope you cand find here something for your full review-

Regards !

héctor maseret

Post subject: Memory Cards
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:05 am 

Hi guys, (new to forum but not the site)

I'm thinking about getting a Sony A33 (after seeing Gordon's review of course :D) and i know the kit i'll be getting to go with it....besides one thing - Memory Card(s)???

I'll be using the camera mainly for urban & rural landscapes/social use initially as i'm new to photography - therefore i'll most likely be using the video function too so was wondering what memory card would be best for this camera??? :S

Thanks

Gareth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:31 am 

hi, you can use any SDHC class 6 and above

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:57 am 

The higher class (6 or above) the better. I`ll be getting me a class 10 SDHC, i think it`ll be best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:50 pm 

High ISO performance A55 vs A850, think could be useful to share here http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read. ... e=37577411

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:12 pm 

tried to remove my posts in this topic but couldn't instead of edititing, pls delete all my posts in this thread. Thanks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sajjads

Last edited by CamlessPhotography on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:29 pm 

Between A33 and A55, I will get A55. The price difference is small, but the sensor is significantly better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:40 pm 

for me both cameras are identicals, Iown a33 and I dont see noticiable differences between then, any way both cameras are not good cameras, are excellents cameras, for me better than canon t2 and 60d, Im moved form canon to sony and Im not regret.-

cheers !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

NEW! Sony Alpha SLT-A33 full review!!

Hi everyone, I've just published my full review of the Alpha A33 at the link above - hope you enjoy it!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:39 am 

I did Gordon.
Just for the future of Sony camera testing:
The multishot HHT is most effective if you compare it to the ISO range where the normal picture deteriorates noticeable. This is where HHT gives you a one or two step ISO advance.
If you use multishot in low ISO it is pointless and does nothing to improve the image.

So for the Alphas that would be ISO 1600 and above I think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Joe, I agree, but I don't have many decent locations which are much darker in order to force-up the Auto ISO in HHT.

But I did also have a page of results for the new Mutli Frame NR mode which shows all the sensitivities up to 25600 ISO, so this gives an indication of how HHT will perform at those ISOs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next