Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 am 

Starting this year I have my 50D + 28/1.8 with me everywhere (or almost everywhere)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:12 am 

I'm quite lucky here in Dubai as there's virtually no crime at all (to the point where you can leave a car with the keys in and engine running while you go to the shops, but I've never tried it!)

Therefore I've got all my kit in the car or with me at all times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:44 am 

that is fascinating phil, i always thought that a fast growing city (such as dubai) would have fast growing crime rates, realy like that fact..

ot, i take my camera with me whenever i know that it wont give me hard time storing it somewhere (cant bring it to college and cafe shops with my friends, but on walks, shopping, and similar occasions its there by my side), and i go taking photos when i plan it too..

add me up on:

flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakica/

deviant art:
http://tbensic.deviantart.com/

----:>bakice ce vladati svjetom<:----

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 pm 

Well there is crime, but it hasn't increased much over recent years.

I think the threat of being guilty until being found innocent in the hands of a very slow justice system, with potentially harsh sentences and then deportation at the end of it all keeps petty crime low.

The slightest hint of a major crime and the local CID track down people pretty fast, with nasty consequences!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:23 am 

I usually carry the camera with intent to shoot, unless I am going on holiday or somewhere interesting, where I usually expect to shoot in any case.

As most places I visit are accessible by foot and public transport, I don't have a car, so nowhere really to stash a camera in any case.

DSLRs are large, not pocketable, and take time to setup, so I may consider carrying a point and shoot in certain circumstances.

I find that the point and shoot has provided better results outdoors in sunlight than the DSLR with kit lens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:28 am 
90% of the time I have my camera with me. The other 10% is when its bitterly cold out (I'm worried it might affect the camera, but have no real evidence that this is possible. I play it safe though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:59 am 
Maybe a once a month. I work crazy hours and i bought a dSLR to kinda force myself to go out more. It's kinda working... :)