Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:58 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:46 pm
Posts: 947
Location: Norway
Starting this year I have my 50D + 28/1.8 with me everywhere (or almost everywhere)

_________________
Some flappy mirrors and lots of glass


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 1819
I'm quite lucky here in Dubai as there's virtually no crime at all (to the point where you can leave a car with the keys in and engine running while you go to the shops, but I've never tried it!)

Therefore I've got all my kit in the car or with me at all times.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:47 pm
Posts: 202
Location: Osijek
that is fascinating phil, i always thought that a fast growing city (such as dubai) would have fast growing crime rates, realy like that fact..

ot, i take my camera with me whenever i know that it wont give me hard time storing it somewhere (cant bring it to college and cafe shops with my friends, but on walks, shopping, and similar occasions its there by my side), and i go taking photos when i plan it too..

_________________
nikon d90 --->af-s dx 18-105mm; tamron 90mm macro

add me up on:

flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakica/

deviant art:
http://tbensic.deviantart.com/

----:>bakice ce vladati svjetom<:----


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 1819
Well there is crime, but it hasn't increased much over recent years.

I think the threat of being guilty until being found innocent in the hands of a very slow justice system, with potentially harsh sentences and then deportation at the end of it all keeps petty crime low.

The slightest hint of a major crime and the local CID track down people pretty fast, with nasty consequences!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:27 am
Posts: 916
Location: UK
I usually carry the camera with intent to shoot, unless I am going on holiday or somewhere interesting, where I usually expect to shoot in any case.

As most places I visit are accessible by foot and public transport, I don't have a car, so nowhere really to stash a camera in any case.

DSLRs are large, not pocketable, and take time to setup, so I may consider carrying a point and shoot in certain circumstances.

I find that the point and shoot has provided better results outdoors in sunlight than the DSLR with kit lens.

_________________
Canon EOS 500D
Lenses: EFS 18-55mm IS, EF 50mm F/1.8 II

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:28 am 
90% of the time I have my camera with me. The other 10% is when its bitterly cold out (I'm worried it might affect the camera, but have no real evidence that this is possible. I play it safe though)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:59 am 
Maybe a once a month. I work crazy hours and i bought a dSLR to kinda force myself to go out more. It's kinda working... :)


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All words, images, videos and layout, copyright 2005-2012 Gordon Laing. May not be used without permission.
/ How we test / Best Cameras / Advertising / Camera reviews / Supporting Camera Labs

Webdesign by Alphabase IT
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group