Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:35 am 

Is that some Wallace & Gromit reference?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:11 am 

Yes Bob, We should really start a new thread. I will answer to the last posts though.

I have used the viewfinder, although light manages to creep in between my eyes and the camera. I have a big nose and there are gaps. :D

I tried a few modes the other night. Infact, every mode.

I used the badge on the TV as it was directly in front of me, with the television set turned off.

If I was to cover the person's face in the image in question, you would be not really be able to see how the focussing etc was.

I did not realise that the viewfinder only provides 95% coverage when I bought the camera, and it is difficult to get a comfortable position using it, plus light creeping in; hence why I use live view. I also found that the viewfinder was not always sharp enough for fine focussing, nor could I see the consequences of my settings. (eg the screen in live view becomes darker as I decrease the shutter speed)

I know I shouldn't really blame glass, but I don't think having an F/3.5 kit lens helps the situation always.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:08 am 

Thanks for changing the thread title. But I'm still of the opinion that this thread is likely to confuse anyone who reads it with its seemingly random changes of direction and lack of illustrative photos. As a result I'm demoting it from the Photography Tips section and putting it into Off-topic.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.