Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wedding Pics
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:26 pm 
Ive been asked to shoot a wedding in August, ive got no intensions of doing this type of photography on a regular basis its really to help someone out. Ive explained ive never done this before and if there not happy with the pics its not my fault, so theyve been warned!

Any tips on this style, what kinda lens is best ect? Any help would be appreciated tbh.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:10 pm 

We're in exactly the same boat, but "my" wedding is in a couple of days. I'll report back how it went :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:34 pm 
I think a wedding shoot is a massive thing to take on, once in a lifetime pictures (usualy) I think if you dont have the confidence to do it, then dont. For me, saying its not my fault if pics are no good just dont cut it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm 
Well they no the score, and its been explained to them that i dont normaly do it. But shooting with a DSLR will make the pics look better than a compact would.

Just looking for tips from people with experience in that field?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:29 pm 
the camera dont make the picture no matter if its a compact or dslr. just saying its takes a brave person to shoot a bride, especially when there asking for advice as how to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:54 pm 
not popping at you, its just expectations from people that know someone who takes pictures. my nephew wants me to take pics of him with his new born son and asked me if i can do special effects. Like baby floating in clouds, i just liiked at him. to may cgi films mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:47 pm 
Hi Chris...

same situation also... mine will be by May... except I'm back-up only... :wink:

you still have a few months to hone your skills and your starting already by asking for tips... i hope we'll do fine... :D

We've got to start somewhere I guess...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:55 pm 
no, you wont be fine, you will both be rubbish. heard of back up cameras but not photographers, in other words your shooting candid. great , that works. there are a 1001 things to remember at a wedding shoot, experience will give you 999 9of them. we all learn to dial in a simple dslr and think we can shoot the world. david bailey would wipe the floor with 99% of us using a mobile phone camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:57 pm 
i guess he will but at least we tried... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:58 pm 

Am I included in the list of people who will fail? Because it's quite a bold statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:02 pm 

karlk wrote:
I think a wedding shoot is a massive thing to take on, once in a lifetime pictures (usualy) I think if you dont have the confidence to do it, then dont. For me, saying its not my fault if pics are no good just dont cut it.

The Bride and Groom have decided, been warned, and stuck to their decision. Who is to blame if the photographs do not come out perfectly?
Both parties are

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:11 pm 
Quote:
no, you wont be fine, you will both be rubbish. heard of back up cameras but not photographers, in other words your shooting candid. great , that works. there are a 1001 things to remember at a wedding shoot, experience will give you 999 9of them. we all learn to dial in a simple dslr and think we can shoot the world. david bailey would wipe the floor with 99% of us using a mobile phone camera.

Karlk, do you actualy have any tips to give coz if not do me a favour and stop replying to this thread. Learn to type in proper english too, half the **** you type doesnt make sence!

What sort of lens will u guys be using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:15 pm 
if the statement fits then wear it., who is to blame, both parties, dont be stupid. you are offering a service of competence. Y Y Y do it, even its not your forte then y take it on. its not your wedding so money issues r not your problem. I have noticed this over the last few years, camera development, magazines, forums. all with advice as how to do things. If you cant do it then just say so, im a welder for trade, 30 years is telling me how to do things. Photography has been around for many years, fantastic hobby buty please dont think your better than the guy that was playing with a zenith 35 years ago. we all have our places, mess the girls wedding up cos you think you know what ya doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:18 pm 
Quote:
if the statement fits then wear it., who is to blame, both parties, dont be stupid. you are offering a service of competence. Y Y Y do it, even its not your forte then y take it on.

Ur an idiot man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:22 pm 
very excellent tip but this isn't helping in getting good photos in a wedding... :)