Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 35  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:57 am 
So will I Ally a second battery is a must as far as I am concerned my bag always has the charger and mains lead in it I also have a small 150w invertor in my car so I can top up at any time when im driving

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:14 am 

About second batteries, my spare battery just showed me he is tired. A few days back, before I went outside it said 70+ % remaining. I didnt even use the camera, when I came home, it didnt even want to turn my camera on. Thank goodness for a spare battery as it doesnt want to charge passed 90% (light stops blinking at 90% each time) but says in camera it is still at 0 lifetime. Will send this battery in for repair.

EDIT: both batteries (the one of the camera + an extra) are 4 years old, the one of the camera shows no signs of tiredness whatsoever.

Last edited by WoutK89 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:35 am 

I think that I'll need a second battery before I travel in 2011, I'd hate to run out of shots in the middle of the day!

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:02 am 
Although modern battery manufactures claim no cell memory with lithium, nickel, ect it can still pay to do a full deep cycle discharge every now and then. it may not bring it back to top line but it can improve its performance a fair old bit.
Usually its only one or two cells that go faulty in battery packs so search the net as there are plenty of companies who will refurbish power packs for less then the original cost. I found a guy who did it some years ago with my Rollei SLX's battery pack and it lasted fine for the rest of the time I had the camera.

Post subject: Nikon D7000 Video Review
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:46 pm 
Superb video review - best camera review I've ever seen. Have one of these on order with a Nikon 70 - 300 - can't wait! :D Previously had a D300 which I had to sell due to redundancy :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:33 pm 
Gigantic crop of battery with D7000, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8.
Lighting was a poor quality 100watt lightbulb.
I had camera on tripod and lowest ISO 100.
Think Aperture was f/8.
Just wanted to show the colour rendition and once again this is in actual fact a gigantic crop.
Very happy,just bought camera two days ago and havent experimented with the A 123456, B123456 WB settings yet.
In camera straightner too,great for my wonky horizons.
How come I can take full HD video on a class 2 memory card?
I thought class 6 or 10 was needed.
Only made 2 minute video but surprised I could get any.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwfli ... 343623691/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:15 am 

Thanks for the pic TZ2!

I think that the D7000 will record videos on really any memory card, although for "optimal performance" they recommend a class 6 card.

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:43 am 
I totally agree DB6 Gordons review was very good and IMO he is dead right in all his findings regarding the D7K .
For those starting out in the DLSR field and looking for a new camera the world is their oyster with lots to pick from all with good and not so good points. For those of us who have already gone with a make once the decsion is made you tend to become a bit of a captive market.
Not that you cant change makes but it becomes a very expensive proposition as the bank of lenses that you have already acumulated for your previous camera will also need changing if you go to a different make.
This means they tend to forego starting all over again with a new manufacturer unless the difference is vast which generally it is not or conversly they have very deep pockets.
The Canon 60D seems to be better value for money, and as for performance it appears to be a close run thing between the D7000 and the 60D But if I had to replace all 6 of my lenses and a new flash set up the Canon then becomes really terrible value as there would be little or no gain for me as a Nikon user in swapping manufacturers . As indeed would be the case with a D7000 for a Canon user if not even worse as Nikon prices are higher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:35 pm 
Thanks EvanK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:43 pm 

I think it also depends on using the built-in mic or the stereo mic input. The stereo mic is higher quality and so more memory being written to the card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:50 am 
Im on the hunt for a D7000 battery grip I just found this
http://www.electron-world.com/store/pro ... ctid=40164
even with tax added it seems cheap
Total price with tax and shipping to the UK is around £170

Can anyone find it cheaper?

Post subject: Help please
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:30 am 
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum but I have a question in the video review of the nikon D7000 which I love and own, Gordon had his camera set to a setting where it told you how many photos you have left. I can't seem to find this setting on my D7000 the only thing it says is 1.6K which I don't understand I would prefer if it was in the regular numbers form could anyone tell me how to do this...? Please help me
-Lee Jong[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:33 am 

1.6K means 1600 photos remaining on your memory card. The screen has only 3 character spaces to show this amount, so its shortened. If you mean buffer space remaining, just half press the shutter release button.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:37 am 
That 1.6K is precisely what you're looking for, whenever the number of photos left is more than one thousand, the display shows it this way. K stands for kilo, a greek word used as prefix that means precisely one thousand, other popular magnitude prefixs are mega (million), giga (billion) and tera (trillion), these are widely used in computing to express information quantities: kilobyte, megabyte, gigabyte, etc...

So 1.6K means you have about 1600 shots left, which is quite a lot and makes me wonder what quality settings you're using; surely your camera is set to shoot below it's maximum resolution and compression quality, which is perfectly fine if that's what you want, I just mention it in case you haven't noticed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:00 pm 
Thanks for replying and I have it on large file with Jpeg fine is there another setting I should be using...?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 521 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 35  Next