Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:47 pm 
.xx

Last edited by steve44 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:02 pm 
Unlimeted funds? Some exotic tilt shift lens. Ive used one a couple of times without really knowing what I was doing, but if you know how to use one then Id imagine they'd be hard to beat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:52 pm 

Hi Steve,

I'd be straying outside my competency zone if I tried to offer advice but I think it would help if forum members understood a little better what it is you are trying to achieve and in what way your current solution (still the EOS 1000d with the 18-55 "non is" kit lens I presume) is not providing the results you want.

If the need is for photos on your website then I doubt you'll have any need for really exotic glass in resolution terms. Tilt and Shift lenses are pretty exotic but they do have their uses (see here and here) - are either of these uses relevant to your needs.

As you already, I presume, have some product shots hosted on your website it should be possible for you to post a few examples here (see the thread How to post pics for how that works), both good (so we can see what you are after) and less good (so we can see where you want improvement). So long as you don't include prices and ordering information you won't be attracting the Moderator's ire. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:23 am 

I'd go with the new Canon 100 f/2.8L IS macro lens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:45 pm 
I agree with Jermemy...A tilt shift lens would give you ulimate control over DOF and bokeh for your product shots. Problem is they dont come cheap. So if your on a budget then you should look for a fast 50mm f1.2 or 85mm f1.2 prime instead.