Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:06 am 
hello hope you all having a pleasant holiday and for college kids like me not so stressful final weeks. here is the front and back of my business card and email signature
*** the images were updated and posted in a lower post thank you for you time****

if you would like please check out my domain im fair from done with it need to add remove images learn a lot more hoping to have a flash based sit up in a bout 1-2months would any on be interested in assisting me in development would be awesome

Last edited by KevinM on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:31 am 
I think your business card is pretty good. Nice to see your keeping up with technology with the scan tag.

I realize that your website is still in the works. May I suggest a trick Im sort of using at the moment. Try having your domain go to a free blog setup such as Tumblr.com. You can easily get a blog going and post a few images and information while you develop your website. Then once the website is ready for a launch, just have a blog and a website option on your main page. Many people who are fans of your work will certainly keep up with your latest works which means more promotion for you.

Just a suggestion. Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:52 am 
hmmm not a bad idea ill look in to tumblr thank you for your comment happy holidays to you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 am 

Sorry if I sound harsh. I could say "it's fantastic" if that's what you wanted to hear - but that wouldn't be very helpful, would it?

Not sure if you can do much about it, but I don't like the name "aperture junkies"

Why associate your business with heroin addicts? I think this would appeal to far less clients than would be turned off/offended by it. I can't believe nobody has aired this point to you before you've taken your business this far.

I don't think all of your clients will get the connection with the word "aperture" either since I'd guess that a reasonable percentage of them (at least much lower than would know what a junkie was) wouldn't know what an aperture was.

client's customer: who's the photographer?
client: Oh, he's from Aperture Junkies.
client's customer: Oh OK.

Maybe you're targeting a particular demographic where this would work, but generally..... it's a big own goal, in my opinion. Sorry.

Also, what does your design say to me? Are you a nature photographer? A landscape photographer? An urban/architecture photographer? And what's that moon shot?

You have 4 unrelated, unconnected images as your first point of contact for many potential clients. This gives the message "a jack of all trades and a master of none." You're not distinguishing yourself from the 1000s of recent college photography grads who can "do everything reasonably for a good price"

The whole package seems a little unprofessional and suggests mediocrity.

Again, sorry if I sound harsh, but I hope it helps.

Good luck :wink:

Panasonic G3: 9-18mm, 14mm, 20mm, 45mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:18 am 

If you are only giving your card to people who know what you do it is fine. But if you intend leaving them for people to pick up or expect someone to remember what it is you do then the cards do not mention it.

Are you a photographer, cinematographer, lighting expert, picture framer, projectionist? Maybe just a strap line under the company name, something as simple as "professional photogrpahers" would clarify things.

http://keystrokesukimages.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:17 am 

I like the front design, but junkies might not be the best name to affiliate yourself with. Also, your email signature has a typo (keivn), and I would mention you're a photographer :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:05 pm 
Wow cant belive I forgot to put the photogrpher part in it lol glad this is still design work. As far as associating my self with heroin junkies im going after Junkies as defined (A hyperbolic expression for a person with a particularly strong enthusiasm for some activity, i.e. "a TV junkie", "a ski junkie".). I have heard concern about the but I also thnk if I market it right I could work I believe it is orginal and creative. And il add the photographer part to clear it up and the email sig I actualy uploaded the wrong one lolif fix that aswell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:28 pm 
@Citruspers
@keystrokesuk
@Slick3358
@kimchi

thank you for your Constructive Criticism i appreciate it

Last edited by KevinM on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:31 pm 
Your Welcome... Happy holidays to you as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:43 pm 
Here they are corrected also the font i used on the card is Bank Gothic if you were wondering

Front

Back
email signature

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:02 pm 

Just checked out your site, this one is kind of sloppy mate: http://www.aperturejunkies.com/aperture ... mage_1.png

(didn't hotlink the image to save your bandwidth) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:05 pm 
i still playing with ideas i think im going to link my domain to tumblr until i finish the site

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:47 am 

Quote:
@Citruspers
@keystrokesuk
@Slick3358

thank you for your Constructive Criticism i appreciate it

Didn't want too much constructive criticism though? Nevermind.

Panasonic G3: 9-18mm, 14mm, 20mm, 45mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:56 am 
@kimchi you know what i read you post again i think i under stood it better now i get alot of what your saying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:26 am 
@kimchi
Quote:
Also, what does your design say to me? Are you a nature photographer? A landscape photographer? An urban/architecture photographer? And what's that moon shot?

this is purpose card my portfolio isn't large at all so took my favorite shoots i would plan to probably in the future to make one for each field i would ex. landscape, portraits etc. does this not make sense for know to put some photos on my card rather then none?

Quote:
The whole package seems a little unprofessional and suggests mediocrity.

could please expand on that??? do u mean the design or the photos you should elaborate a lil..