Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Speed difference?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:47 pm 

Is there a speed difference between these two cards? Is the first one slower? The both are class 4, no?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-SanDisk-32GB-SD ... 2c58b92948

http://cgi.ebay.com/SanDisk-Ultra-II-32 ... 20b4f46c5c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:44 am 
I have not been able to find any conclusive information but from what I've gathered they are exactly the same just the naming has changed.

apparent ultra just now mean ultra II

update: I notice the more expensive card actually displays 2 in a circle in the picture, suggesting it' a class 2 and the cheaper one says 4 in a circle.

I'm confused now, maybe do some comparison with cards from and official retailer like Amazon as either or both may be fake.

update 2: I found this youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTYRblCfPg

then I noticed this under Condition: on both cards you posted
Quote:
New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging,

I'm not saying they are but I'd be carful, I dont have a SD card here atm to be able to check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:41 am 

Amazon has 32GB Class 10 SD cards for cheaper. But I would generally be hesitant to leave 32GB of photos on one card. I'd rather use several smaller cards in case one fails or gets lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:14 am 
theorigamist wrote:
Amazon has 32GB Class 10 SD cards for cheaper..

I gather the op wants Sandisk. I have no idea if there is really any difference.

theorigamist wrote:
But I would generally be hesitant to leave 32GB of photos on one card. I'd rather use several smaller cards in case one fails or gets lost.

True but I can Imagine that having a 32GB card is more convenient if your taking lots of High Quality photos and have to otherwise keep changing cards, you could miss a shot.

Edit: If you use Amazon of course don't forget to use the affiliate link, Credit goes to user theorigamist for posting this in another thread ;)
Would hate to see loss of revenue for CL editor ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:13 pm 

hmmmmmmmm. thks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:45 am 

RageRiot wrote:
True but I can Imagine that having a 32GB card is more convenient if your taking lots of High Quality photos and have to otherwise keep changing cards, you could miss a shot.

I suppose I could see this happening if you shoot a lot of video or something. With my Rebel XS taking Large JPG, I get about 2000 shots per 8GB card. On the other extreme, capturing Raw + Large JPG, I still get about 600 shots. I can't imagine a situation where having 600 shots per card would hold me back, let alone 2000 per card.