Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:41 am 
Site Admin

Hello everyone, today I received an email from Simon, the Editor of dpreview, saying that they have now unblocked links to cameralabs in their forum.

As many of you know, dpreview previously blocked links to cameralabs for several years. While we have never blocked links to dpreview or any other site, I strongly discouraged anyone from linking to dpreview here in the spirit of fairness.

Now that the block has been lifted, I don't mind if people want to link to dpreview in the Cameralabs forums.

Please do so with care and consideration though. As stated in our forum rules, we don't mind members posting links to other sites, but only if they're not first-time posters and only if there's some additional discussion here. A link to another site with no additional comment, especially by a new member, will be treated as spam and removed.

I can't speak for the policy at dpreview, but I would expect something similar. So anyone posting a link to cameralabs on their forum, should do so with consideration to their rules.

Please also avoid linking to another photography site to report a news story, like a new camera launch. It's always best practice to link direct to the manufacturer to ensure the facts are correct. Links to news stories on a photography site where the story also exists on an official site will be changed.

Gordon

Last edited by Gordon Laing on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:49 am 

Hi Gordon,

Great news that sense has prevailed at last. While it would be rude to gratuitously link to them all the time, and risk abusing your hospitality in the process, it's also good that we can feel more comfortable linking to them when the situation demands. 8)

Does this also apply to SLRGear and Imaging Resource?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:15 am 

Gordon Laing wrote:
As many of you know, dpreview previously blocked links to cameralabs for several years. I can't speak for the policy at dpreview, but I would expect something similar.

I wonder why they blocked CameraLabs.com :?. Yes, they also do reviews, but I never read just one review (don't think anyone does ?) on a piece of kit.

My photos on Flickr...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:32 am 
Great news, it always seemed a strange one to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

Regarding Imaging Resource and SLR Gear, I don't know if they block us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:13 am 

I wasn't even aware of this situation, although I'm glad to hear the news! :D

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:03 am 

This is great news!