Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:06 pm 
Well we had to drive through this park so I made the family give me a day here. More like a half day really. But I was really happy with the water images. Caught some fall colors. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

First fun image of stars 30 sec with the 50mm@1.8

Last edited by csmonte on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:16 pm 

WOW great photos. I especially like all of the water ones and the 10th image. :D

Oh that is so lame, every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she’s a photographer -Stewie Griffin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:28 pm 
The pictures are amazing, very dreamy.
How do you steady the tripod on the slippery rocks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:24 pm 
the rocks weren't too bad, just a matter of getting them where you want them and using the timer. I did do one thing different than what i am used to, I used the mirror lock up. I think it may of helped in the sharpness. My I do not have a good tripod yet. Its still on my list of things to get.

thanks for the replies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:13 pm 
@csmonte,

Thanks for sharing your tips. I am going to read up on mirror lock up and see how to operate that in my camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:50 am 
Hi

#10 and #12 are really beautiful.

You got some strong fringing on #2, upper right corner. Try to select that area on PP and reduce the saturation of magentas. That should do it.

Great job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:34 pm 
Quote:
Hi

#10 and #12 are really beautiful.

You got some strong fringing on #2, upper right corner. Try to select that area on PP and reduce the saturation of magentas. That should do it.

Great job.

Thanks for the reply, I am very amateur at Photoshop I have elements and only figure things out by walking myself through a video online. I noticed its blown out there and makes the trees color oddly, its definitely distracting. thanks for the nice and technical feedback. I like to be told how to improve without it sounding like I suck. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:40 pm 

Great set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:40 am 
Csmonte, these photographs are positively phenomenal. I can't even imagine capturing these types of photographs myself. These are truly, truly lovely. I've never been to Smokey Mountain National Park, but who needs to go there when you've got great photos like these. LOL.

Heck, if anything, these photographs make me yearn to visit. Maybe I can take a trip there soon enough. Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:25 pm 
Wooo,the water is amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:19 am 
From what I've read (I think Gordon posted about it, actually) the 50mm isn't very good for astro, especially wide open.

2 and 13 are positively stunning, 7 is quite nice but I find the tree intersecting the frame to be somewhat distracting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:29 am 
thanks for the reply and comments. I was unaware of the 50 being poor at astro, I just needed some serious aperture to gather light in 30 sec. That was all I had, I was happy with my result, its not a printable image, but It was neat to see the galaxy, I've never done that before.

As far as number 7, I totally agree. I wish that thing wasn't there. I still am really happy with the image, but the tree does hurt it. I was in a rush and it was nearing the end of day so light was going away. The family doesn't want to spend an hour at one spot like I would. More like "lets go, we got to eat" lol. But enough excuses.

thanks again, I love water :) got some more coming from Oregon soon. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:22 pm 
Nice shots, I need to get up there myself (I live in Maryville) There are a ton of possibilities up there, as you have shown here.