Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Another hello!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:11 pm 
Hello! I’ve been reading for a bit and posted a few questions when I realized I hadn’t done this yet.

Oh well, it’s here now. I found one of Gordon’s video reviews during a Search after MANY hours of looking at superzooms. After a chuckle over recognizing Queenstown from the reviews (we spent a week there with a college group a few years ago) I headed over to the website to do more reading.

Well, you guys are to “blame” for me going with a DSLR for my next camera, hopefully within the next month. Hope you are happy! Seriously, I wouldn’t have posted to this board if I hadn’t detected a good attitude to your forum.

I’m a homeschool mom to 2 kiddos (hum, entering teenage years :shock: ) so we do a lot of museums, parks, and as much tourism as we can fit in. We are also involved in martial arts & swimming. Given the amount of photography for both “family” stuff and then more creative pursuits, I relented that the dslr was the best way to go if I was going to spend the money. It will have to be entry level but that is probably for the best.

I do quite a bit of digital scrapbooking so I’m not new to post processing—but I’m a bit terrified of RAW. So, I look forward to learning as I go along. My husband has encouraged me to audit our university’s photography classes so that might be considered for next summer.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:32 pm 

Welcome myst713 to the Camera Labs forum! Great to read a bit more about you, helps us to get to know each other!
In case you run into anyone with a black belt in any of those martial arts, snap a shot of them and enter it our On Assignment themed 'Black' here.

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome on-board myst713!

You'll find a DSLR is much more responsive than a compact when it comes to shooting all those sports and action shots. Feel free to ask any Qs here, and as Bjorn says, be sure to enter our monthly assignment contest!

PS - you can support us by shopping - for anything - through our partner stores page! Thanks!