Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:11 am 
Hi everyone,

I am Vernan from the Philippines. I don't have a DSLR yet but I am planning of having one so I read a lot of reviews. I am happy I got into Gordon's reviews and it is really helpful.

>Vernan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:31 am 
Hi Vernan,

welcome to the forum!!

It's not easy or straightforward to start up a new system - so many cameras, lenses, flashes, accessories to choose from..lol.

On the other hand, some would say that it's never been easier.

In a sense I agree with that point of view - if you don't really know and have experience with the minute differences between the different brands, the world is your oyster.

Although we all tend to focus on the differences, the bottom line is that they are much more similar than different. It doesn't really matter what you choose when you start out and aren't already a gearhead or armchair analyst..lol.

They can all take award-winning pictures in the right hands and the most expensive medium format Hasselblad can produce images that a dog wouldn't even pee on..lol.

If you find yourself drowning in specs and tech-details, make sure that you go to a shop and handle them in person. That will often tell you most of what you need to make a decision. And if you find yourself almost paralyzed by all the many option, take a moment and go to:

www.thebestcamera.com and enjoy some great images taken with the simplest and cheapest equipment in existence..lol.

Good luck with your choice!

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:52 am 
@LahlahSr

Thank you.

I think I'll be getting the D5000 instead of the D3100, simple because I think the advantage of the D3100 is the video and I am more concern with still images...But I am not yet ready to get it, maybe December...

>Vernan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:15 pm 

Welcome Vernan to the Camera Labs forum!

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:36 am 
Bjorn,

Thank you.

I learn a lot of things at cameralabs.com.

>Vernan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:46 am 
Welcome Vernan,

Hopefully you will enjoy your time here!

Jeremy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:47 am 
Jeremy,

Thank you.