Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:22 pm 
I'm pretty happy with my new FZ100, but I do have a few questions though.

I haven't even had the FZ100 a week, and it's been cloudy or rained almost everyday since I picked it up. So, no full sunny days.

I don't seem to be getting the crispness in the images that I have hoped for. The photos that I'm seeing as examples are taken at a much smaller size than mine and they look pretty good. But, you can't look as closely at them because of the size. Are mine just as good? I can't tell. They look good not zoomed in on them.

I have used the 4:3 aspect ratio, 4320x3240 size set to fine. Is that the best way to get the best quality, crispness or should I reduce it to 16:9 aspect ratio, size 2560x1920, at 5meters or will that make a difference in quality?

Of course I want the best possible images, and I know that reducing the size will help with storage, but would changing these things reduce the noise and crispness at all?

What can I do to improve on sharpness, and the crispness of my photos? Any tips?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

You should definitely use the best quality setting, so the 4:3 Fine at 4320x3240 will be best.

Maybe the ISO value is too high - the lower the value, the better the quality, but the lower the value the more light (or longer exposure) you'll need.

We can't really comment though unless you show us some images. Please upload some to flickr and link to them here. Then we can check the quality and settings.

Post subject: My Film 1 or 2
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:16 pm 
pixelmantis,

Question about My Film 2. Wondering if I did something wrong, but noticing that in My Film 2 the LCD only shows images in BW (Black and White). Not sure what happens when you go to My Film 3. Want to resolve before I go too far. Don't know if there is a way of reverting back factory/default settings for the entire FZ100.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:12 pm 
I went to the store where I purchased my FZ100 and asked them to help me with the noise issue.

They went through all the settings and couldn't find anything wrong there. They then did a comparison with a floor model and the difference was staggering.

I will be exchanging it tonight, then it's out for some testing.

If you are having extreme noise, return it for sure. They said some noise is expected, but nothing like I was dealing with.

Good to know I wasn't nuts. lol

Thanks all for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hi logansdad, you cans ee some image quality comparisons with the FZ100 in our new FZ45 / FZ40 review - be sure to look at both the JPEG and RAW results.