Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lumix DMC-TZ3 Questions
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:20 am 
I have been eyeing the dmc-tz3 (black) and I have a few questions.

1) Does anyone know how well it takes indoor pictures, like for birthday and x-mas and other occasions? I have been reading this camera is not so good with indoor picutures.

2) I also will be using this to take pictures of my 12 yr old son playing soccer (fast moving action pics). I would like to know how well this camera does with fast action/fast motion pictures?

3) I have been eyeing sd cards that have 133x (min of 20 meg/sec read and write. Reason being is I think I understand that you need that speed for taking 2 or 3 pictures a sec @ 7mp for continuous shots. Is this overkill and only need 10 meg/sec read and write? Anyone have suggestions about this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:51 am 
Site Admin

Hi GemInI70, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

You can see examples of the TZ3 indoors in the Gallery section of our review here: http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panas ... age5.shtml

Like most compacts, it isn't great at focusing on fast action. If you're serious about this, you should consider a budget DSLR like a Nikon D40.

A 133x card can read and write data very quickly, but is unlikely to be exploited by a TZ3...

I really liked the TZ3, but it's not great for fast action. But then not many compacts are...

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:36 am 
Thanks for the welcome Mr. Laing.

So what speed of read/write would you recommend for the tz3?
Do you know the speed the tz3 writes at?

I am new to digital camera's. So can you explain why the tz3 is not good for action shots (i.e. soccer games)?

I thought since this tz3 camera took 2 to 3 shots per second, that it could take action/moving shots very well and the memory speed would be crucial to taking these shots.

What is it that I should be looking for in a camera for good indoor pictures and what should I be looking for in a camera when taking moving action shots.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:32 am 
Site Admin

Hi GemInI70, the problem with most compacts for action is they don't focus very quickly - especially super-zoom models when they're zoomed all the way in. There can also be a delay between rpessing the button and the camera taking the shot. So by the time they've focused and taken the picture, the action has often finished!

Pop into a camera store and try one out to see what I mean. Also compare it to a budget DSLR.

As for a memory card, a mid-range one like SanDisk Ultra II should be fine for the TZ3.

Gordon