Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Night Shots try!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:15 pm 

Here are my new night shot, i think they are a bit better now.

(the lights were yellow, thats why the photo have yellow tons too :P)

C&C

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:31 pm 
maybe if you change your auto WB to tungsten then it should fix the yellowish colour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:13 pm 
A lot of places I've been to actually have yellow or orange coloured street lights so he might have the white balance set correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:28 am 
These street lights are most likely regular low pressure sodium lamps. They emit a very narrow spectrum of light (you can't really call it a spectrum). You cannot see other colours with such light. For that you need illumination with a broader light spectrum. White balance won't change that.

Check Wikipedia for a little background information.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:06 am 
Yeah nice street shots better thn your previous post much better ... I was going to say the same thing as eos555d about the WB tungsten, (if your camera has live view, you can change the WB and see the difference)... but after reading the wiki page I was surprised to learn that information. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:27 am 
Haha sorry I misunderstood this line.

Quote:
(the lights were yellow, thats why the photo have yellow tons too )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:15 am 

well done, Frielspak. A definitely improvement there as well as better focussing.

Now try to get away from those streetlamps to get a better colour on your shots. If you don't have a shutter release you may need to reduce your aperture to avoid an exposure over 30 seconds though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:25 am 

Hi people, thanks for the comments.

With my own eyes i see te same yellow light of the street, the light there is really yellow and i dont know if i could do something to reduce it.

One of my problems was the top of the trees shaking, because it was a bit wind when i taked then, i used 1" and it stay getting the wind :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:57 pm 

now i don't know why people don't like the yellow streets, for myself it looks great on these pictures, i think they would fit my room wall for a thought (yellow wall), and that little wind blow over the trees really makes the photo look dreamy and relaxing.. i love em..

add me up on:

flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakica/

deviant art:
http://tbensic.deviantart.com/

----:>bakice ce vladati svjetom<:----

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:00 pm 

The yellow streets could actually be quite interesting...if you really wanted to make them stand out though, it would work even better with more deep blue in the sky rather than black. You might try a similar shot within the first hour after it gets dark, when the sky still has a slight luminosity and blues come out really vivid. The warm/cold contrast of the sodium lighting and yellowish walls and street would work beautifully with a cool blue sky. It's an old painter's rule, pairing 'complimentary colors' of warm vs cold from opposite ends of a color wheel. Blue/orange, green/red, and purple/yellow are all complimentary to eachother - any pairings of greens to blues against yellows to oranges have a certain 'pop' to them.

Galleries:
http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:25 pm 

I like the yellow too, my bigger objective here was to get the image focused and no over or underexposed.