Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:14 pm 
I have taken a series of photos and wanted to know if it is possible to generate a log sheet showing file name, shutter speed, ISO, aperture and focal distance for each image using the information stored in the image.
I use photoshop cs5 and lightroom 3, but cannot find out if you can do it.

I did a google search but it came up with nothing, i really don't want to hand write it, as I have about 1500 pictures. Anyone ever done this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:27 pm 
Would Exif Harvester do?

Ben

Edit: fixed link.

Last edited by Cam-I-Am on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:53 pm 
the link doesn't work ben.
can you try again?
is the software available for a mac?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:07 pm 
Fixed it. And it's Windows only I'm afraid. Since it's the dominant OS it's best to specify if you use a Mac.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:55 pm 
can anyone else help me out here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:33 pm 

As I understand it, you need to create 'Contact Sheets'. Very simple in Lightroom.

You go to the print module, and on the left window panel, under the 'Template Browser' tab select either 4x5 or 5x8 Contact Sheet. Then in the right window panel, under the 'Page' tab check the 'Photo Info' box. Right next to that option, select the drop down menu and select 'edit'.

In the middle of the pop-up window you will see options for EXIF data. Select 'exposure' from the drop down menu, then click 'insert'. Do the same for all other EXIF data you wish to appear on the contact sheet. And finally click done. You can also change the font size and add page numbers under the same tab in the right window panel.

Now just add all the photos to the contact sheet.

Is this what you were looking for? Sorry for the late reply, but I've been away from the forums for a long time.

Thomas.