Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to our Landscape Photography forum!

This is the place to share your landscape photography tips or ask any questions about landscape photography!

To post a photo in this forum, simply make a copy, resize it to max. 1024 pixels wide, save it as a JPEG, then upload it to your own webspace.

Then take the URL (web address) for the photo including http:// and in your post on this forum, type [img]immediately%20before%20the%20URL%20and[/img] immediately afterwards. Don't use any spaces. You can then preview the posting before submitting it to make sure it's worked.

Any inappropriate images will be deleted.

The Camera Labs team.

Last edited by Gordon Laing on Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:31 pm 

You're very welcome to show/link your photos here.
When you do, please follow these hints/tips:
1. Place your photos somewhere (like flickr, or your own website). You cannot store pictures at the Camera labs website!
2. If you just want to link to your pics, that's easy! Use the following scheme:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/your-name/937299495/][u]your-descriptive-text[/u][/url]
or more simple [url=link2pic][u]text[/u][/url]
3. If you want your photo to be displayed in your post with a link to the original, replace the descriptive text by the address for your thumbnail like this:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/your-name/937299495/][img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1263/937299495_d694ab84a1_m.jpg[/img][/url]
or more simple [url=link2web][img]link2thumbnail[/img][/url]

Please keep your thumbnails reasonable (max. 1024 pix in each side). Lager thumbnails will be deleted without further warning!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:51 pm 

Hi I am really interested in putting up some photos I have a flicker account but am really having difficulty in getting my head around how its done. Can somebody explain in really simple language how to do it??????????????? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:23 pm 
Here is the Flickr page explaining how to obtain the URL of your photos. You could bookmark it for easy reference.

http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#68

The simplest way is then to enclose that URL with image tags and the photo will show up in the thread.

[img]URL%20of%20your%20photo%20without%20leading%20or%20trailing%20spaces%20and%20ending%20in.jpg[/img]

Then check with the [Preview] button and if everything is OK post with the [Submit] button.

Ben

Post subject: Many Thanks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:03 pm 

Ben

Thanks a lot for that it works perfectly. Even somebody as daft as me managed to finally get it working.

Padraig :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:55 pm 
You're most welcome. I saw your thread with the photo of the castle/ruin. As remarked there it helps to have exposure data available. For that it's very helpful if you use software/settings that at least don't strip the EXIF data from the image. There are very useful (Firefox) add-ons that allow us to view this EXIF data even when you haven't explicitly mentioned them.

That could perhaps be the next subject you might want to look into.

Another tip, and I'm posting it here and not in the thread with the castle photo because the suggestion is not specific to your photo. Post processing can do a lot to improve a photo. In order to develop my sense for PP I often copy a photo I see on a web page (right-click>copy image) and simply paste it in some photo editing software. Usually Irfanview (which I can start very quickly) through Edit>Paste or Paint Shop Pro (if I have it opened) through Edit>Paste As New Image. I then simply use either in Irfanview Image>Auto Adjust Colors or in PSP Adjust>One Step Photo Fix to get a quick feel whether the image might benefit from further PP. These 'intelligent' one-shot features certainly don't always get it right but if they generate a result that I think is in any way an improvement over the original image then that tells me the image would most likely benefit from some additional PP.

When I did this with your castle photo it suggested to me this photo would also benefit from some additional PP. Try it out. You just might get some ideas on how to enhance your photo(s).

Ben