Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Concert picture tz7
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:02 am 
regards to all .. In a month I go to a big concert and I will be safe in the front line .. because I do not know much about painting .. if anyone wants to help me how to set aperture...iso..esposure..the images that come out cleaner..thn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:22 am 

I think you're going to have a hard time getting good concert pics with a TZ7. (Slow lens, poor high ISO performance, no RAW support. The one thing that might save you is being close to the stage, so you won't have to zoom in and lose even more light/smaller aperture.) But generally speaking for basic concert photography:

1) set your ISO as high as you are comfortable. (Unfortunately, the TZ7 starts to get noisy even as low as ISO200.)

2) set your White Balance to an artificial light source (e.g. "tungsten") (because colored stage lights can cause problems for auto-WB).

3) set your image file format to RAW or RAW + JPEG (so you can adjust exposure and white balance in post). (Unfortunately, it looks to me like the TZ7 doesn't have these options.)

4) set your camera to spot or center weighted metering (because there's usually a big difference between your subject--lit by spot light(s)--and the background (shadows)).

5) set your camera to Shutter Priority (or set your aperture as wide as it will go) and set your shutter to 1/125.

If your pics are under exposed (which is common) slow down your shutter speed, but be aware that slower shutter speeds will have more motion blur. And once you get down to 1/60 in order to avoid adding even more motion blur you may want to increase your ISO (which will add noise) instead.

HTH - Mark

P.S. a vari-angle (tilt/swivel) LCD can be very helpful when shooting over the heads/arms/hands of a cheering crowd. (Unfortunately, it looks like the TZ7's LCD is fixed.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:12 pm 
Thanks for answer maestro..can you tell me what is about flash??Using or not??// And how to set Af Mode and Pre Af for better picture???..Wnen I set ISO e.x.to 400 or more my shutter speed is locked and i can change speed??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:04 pm 
I dont know what first to set:
1 shutting speed and then iso
or iso, and then iso make alone shutter speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:35 pm 

No flash (because you will lose the effect of the stage lights).

As for your other questions, sorry, I don't know the TZ7 well enough to answer. Hopefully another TZ7 user will chime in. Or you may just have to read the instructions to find out how adjust each setting separately.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:38 am 
One more time..thanks Maestro..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:43 am 
Here are results:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/salekucevo/sets/