Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Joe, welcome on-board and thanks for the bear viewing tips.

Thanks also for the wake-up call concerning weather and the risks. As a tourist you're generally only worried about keeping to your schedule and ensuring you get what you paid for on tours and extras, but you often don't realise the dangers going on behind the scenes which may result in delays or cancellations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:25 am 
From New Zealand originally and now living in Anchorage, Alaska I was fortunate to go to Brooks last year in late July. Although we were there for about 3 hours all up it was a fabulous trip. running a Nikon D200 with Tamron 70-300 I got very pleasing results using a monopod. at the time we were there there were several video crews and space was at a premuim.
Looking at your images I recognise several of the bears from my own trip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:33 am 
Site Admin

Welcome on-board Kiwiak! Please feel free to share some of your images in this thread and also tell us about which operator / airline you used to get there and back - handy for future visits...

Post subject: Brooks River 2009
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:22 pm 
I was in the fortunate position of not having to deal with the airlines for my trip to Brooks. I was about an hours flying time from Brooks and as the fishing on the Nusgak was not happening. The weather was not great the pilot suggested we go see bears as instead as the weather looked better over there. I travel prepared!.
We were at a lodge out of Dillingham on a company team building exercise. Some fishing on the rivers of the area and what ever else presented itself. I have just a couple of the 300 photographs on my web site; http://home.gci.net/~kiwiak/2009.htm. Included are others from a trip to Mt McKinley and the park there. There are more of McKinley on http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... =fbx_album.