Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 pm 
Did I just order the Panasonic FZ100 with Spare Battery DMW-BMB9 :?:

As late as yesterday the FZ100 and Battery was in my "Wish List" at B&H. They would not accept an order until the camera was in stock. I requested I be "Notified" when available. I check my "Wish List" daily to insure things have not changed. Well, approximately 1 hour ago, while checking my "Wish List" things changed. The FZ100 showed "Move to Cart". I did and the order for the FZ100 and Battery were processed. I was not "Notified"! However, while I can't confirm, perhaps the FZ100 was placed in inventory prior to customers being "Notified". Needless to say, I am EXTREMELY happy with B&H :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

PS - hope you clicked through to B&H via our partner stores page first! That's the only way this site survives!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:10 pm 
In a previous post, Ruben123 asked me to do that on 12 August and I did as he suggested on 12 August. Don't know if you have a way of confirming?

Gordon, wish I could have waited for you to conduct a review of the FZ100 and FZ40 before I ordered. Perhaps even comparing it to the FZ35. A camera of this quality is going to challenge me. You can count on me visiting your site's "tutorials" often :!:

Post subject: B&H
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:01 pm 
I will be honest with you, I am not familiar with B&H. I see where Camera Labs recommends it and they said they got the FZ100 in today.
Has anyone had any experience with B&H. It's new to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:06 am 
My experience has been as a result of Camera Labs. I have ordered things when I was considering ordering the FZ35. Changed to FZ100 when announced. Their "Wish List" with notification seems GREAT. Have done "Live Chats" and was happy with their response. They have replied to all email questions. Need to return battery I had previously ordered for FZ35. RMA was issued and I elected to be issued "Gift Card" at B&H Vs refund to my PayPal. I am extremely happy with their service :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:35 pm 

I have decided to take the plunge on the fz100. I feel I have done enough homework & got enough views to make the decision. From starting with the Sony HX1 to mulling over the canon 20is I feel that although its pricey I'm getting good value for my bucks. I just hope I am not disappointed. Will let you know how it goes when I hopefully take delivery later this week. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:11 pm 
Ordered FZ100 from B&H. It will be delivered on 23 August :D Unfortunately, it has to be hand carried to Costa Rica and I will not be able to play with until mid to late September. Have also ordered from B&H a spare battery (BMW-BMB9) and Lens (BMW-LPL52). Hope both arrive before end of August in order to be hand carried with FZ100.

You will have to post your impression of FZ100 upon receipt and taking some photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for your support!

PS - papa6, B&H is one of the biggest photography stores in the world - it's based in America, but offers mail order deliveries to most countries. Obviously if posted abroad, you may have to pay import tax and duty, but even then the prices can still work out cheaper.

I've shopped there several times and have always had good experiences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:38 pm 
I've actually heard that the CMOS sensor in the FZ100 is not as good for still photos as the CCD used in the FZ40. The CMOS is faster, but noisier and blurs more. What do you think about this, is what I've been reading correct?

As far as me, I am holding off between the fz35 and the fz40. My final decision will be made when Gordon reviews the fz40.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:04 am 

The sample photos I've seen on one of the other camera review sites that will not be mentioned by name because they are a bunch of pompous a$$es actually look pretty good.

I think it all comes down to having realistic expectations from a camera with a smaller sensor and a huge zoom. What you are planning on doing with the photos you take will also be a big factor…if you’re a pixel-peeper then you will probably not be happy, but if you print small sizes or resize to normal dimensions for a web site to share with family then I would imagine you will be happy.

Gordon...it would be awesome if you posted a review before "the other" site so we could post over there and let everyone know...we'll just add some spaces so they don't remove the link. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:57 pm 

I got my FZ100 last Friday & I have to say I am deeply disappointed with this machine. I take photos on holiday & of family events so I not a polished photographer but I do like & appreciate quality. My previous camera was a sony DSCH20 which I will be returning to & beats this camera in every department. The noise from this camera is terrible it feels very cheap & plastic to hold. I would have to say that having given so much consideration to buying this camera based on other early reviews & the general excitement that this camera seemed to generate within the digital camera world I felt I was on to a winner with it. I have sent complaints to both the retailer & Panasonic as I want to return the camera & get a refund however I am not hopeful. The one piece of advice I could give is give this one a wide berth I am pretty annoyed that I have spent a lot of money on this red herring. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:08 pm 

You ALWAYS have to go to the shop to try it how it feels in your hands...

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:03 pm 

Agreed however I actually bought my dsch20 based on reviews on line because I needed a camera in a hurry & it is a great camera. Its not so much the issue of the camera feeling cheap I have a problem about its the fact that its incapable of taking a good quality picture.

Post subject: Purchased the FZ35 today
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:33 pm 
Hey, I appreciate all the help and input on this site. As being a newby, I could not wait until the FZ40 or 100 were reviewed by Gordon, but base on discussions with all you experts and Gordon's review, I made the purchase with some extra gear at B&H who were very helpful, and I DID use the link from this site to help out. Thanks to you all!!!!! I figured as a start and migration from a Canon Powershot pocket camera, I can't go wrong with this model. Cheers!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:47 pm 

On behalf of Gordon:
Thanks!

I hope youll enjoy your new camera!

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next