Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:53 pm 
Hi , I picked up this link at a dutch photograhy site.

http://bbs.danawa.com/view.php?nSeq=39390&nSiteC=2&nGroup=7&nBlogCateSeq1=409

It's in Korean so I can't read what it says but the guy who posted it claims it says that the new sony body's will be fullframe.

Just thought to let you know :)

Bart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmm, interesting rumour!

I'd still be very surprised to find anyone other than Canon producing full-frame DSLRs though. Now that ultra wide lenses are available and noise levels are acceptable on smaller sensors even at 10 mpixels, I just don't think there's much demand for full-frame anymore - it's kind of like a technological red-herring now. Well until Canon produces a successor to the 5D at half the price and we all rave about it of course!

That is an interesting looking concept camera from Sony though, but I suspect it's just bigger to suit a higher-end market - and still has an APS-C sized sensor in there. After all, Sony doesn't yet produce anything bigger than an APS-C sensor, so would it go to the considerable expense of developing something new, or buy-in from someone else?

Lets keep an eye on it anyway! Sony has promised a new Alpha DSLR this year...

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:43 am 
It looks like Sony will release even more FF lenses. Since they don't have film SLRs I would say there is a good chance of a FF DSLRs in the future. I can't really see the big downside of FF, except for the things mentioned in the 5D upgrade article, only the advantage of lower noise and higher resolution. Now I'm owner of some nice old Minolta lenses, I would really appreciate the larger sensor :)

How about a poll? The APS-C with smaller lenses and super zooms or FF with potentially higher resolution and noise and full use of the FF lenses (no crop factor).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:40 pm 
More pictures of those cameras can be seen here (First page):

http://news.sel.sony.com/en/image_libra ... l_imaging/

With thanks to the DPReview thread:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readf ... d=23459525

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:36 am 
This is a topic that at the moment this every time but in flunk for some and in I despair for others.

Sony Alpha 100, classified by some "toy" professionals were alone the beginning of what Sony calls the series Alpha, heiress of the series digital Dynax of Konica-Minolta.

Sony has already announced the future of its trip for the world of the Digital reflex and to the grief of what many believed, apparently if they go seriously and for a good market.

It is expected for these days the presentation, at least not so official, of the pattern for Advanced Fans and the Professional FlagShip of the mark. Many have ended up naming them A10 and A1.
All that that up to now is known they are rumors and speculations that leave of the well-known trajectory for Sony in the topic of the sensors and in the inheritance of KM.

That one expects from A10?, a lot, Sony implants the 10MPx as standard for the fans, when KM, Nikon, Canon, pentax and Olympus stayed in the 6-8MPx and it is logical to think that the designer and creator of the sensors of 6MPx for Nikon D40, KM 7D and 5D and Pentax K100 and of those of 10MPx of Nikon D80, D40x and D80, Pentax K10D and Samsung GX-10 and clearly of Alpha 100, this in plans of even rising but the resolution for the fans.

The rumors are groundless for the products Nikon. The sensor of Nikon D2Xs a CMOS 12.8MPx is the signal one as the probable one in being installed in Alpha 10. With the same dimenciones that CCD of 10MPx of Alpha 100, the factor multiplier of 1.5X would stay, with that which would reinforce and it would even justify but the design of the eyeglasses Sony and Carl Zeiss DT for this sensor.
If this was certain, Sony it would implant or at least he/she would offer professional users of D2Xs a new design, with sensor equal and classified for fans.

That Alpha would bring 1 (Alpha One)?, it is not really known. It is believed that serious a new CMOS and here Sony would go for Canon and it is already spoken of a sensor sold by Sony to Nikon for its future professional for the next year of 18.7MPx with a factor of 1.1X (almost full frame). It is said that Nikon will have the exclusivity of the sensor for 1 year, but it is not specified if his maker, Sony, is excluded of this document.
But if it was this way, perhaps Sony throws its first professional with around 18.7MPx, a camera that will demand the best in the optics and many will have to stay but behind or to change optics.

Carl Zeiss in the scenario.
Carl Zeiss for some time works already with Sony for the optics of its Compact ones and Advance and at the moment new DT and FullFrame are taking out for A100. But the activity of CZ has been increased with the announcement of Sony of two new bodies (A10 and A1) and around 20 new optics among those that CZ are.
Double Sony-Carl Zeiss is not anything worthless and already many are focused in what could be the biggest collaboration in the photographic digital field of the moment.

It is expected that Sony implements a bigger resolution for the fans, its two new bodies are equipped with pentaprisma and until perhaps a supersonic new motos in the body to motorize to optic Minolta and KM of quality that are not motorized. And clearly repeat the stabilizer in the body.

Again, excuse my English...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Alex, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

It's certainly an interesting time, but it's always worth looking at promises versus actual reality. One of the most exciting things about the Alpha launch was the promise of new CZ T* lenses, but they were delayed by a long time.

Sony also needs to stop showing prototypes and actually launch a new body sooner rather than later though, as other manufacturers are gaining ground.

I do wonder how many people would really want full-frame though. Many photographers like the idea of it, but as Canon's proven with the 5D, the reality isn't all good. Would you be interested in a full frame body?

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:42 am 
Hello, thank you for the welcome...

Certainly the things have taken but of what I wanted and a lot it is spoken of that. In fact many fans of KM and Sony are planning to look for other roads, Canon or Nikon perhaps.

Among certain things that they are not criticized this the speed of AF and the introduction of motorized lenses or at least non alcanzables economically for many.

A lot it was spoken of new DSLR of KM before being acquired by Sony, next Maxxum / Dynax was mentioned 9D, a professional camera of 10MPx. The surprise of the acquisition is given by Sony and it throws a similar camera to 5D with what was expected it was for 9D it stops then.

I consider that A100 went to give the fanatics a team but advanced that 7D and 5D and to make tests in the field. The 5D appeared with problems and with an incomplete firmware that had to be completed with upgrades. I believe that there this looking at Sony and a next launching of Canon is expected, apparently it is a game to the cat and the mouse.

Many wait for these days an official announcement from Canada, where they would be showing up the two new systems, of which one is expected for this year and Pro for the following one.

I personally don't believe that the two bodies are FF or almost FF (1.1X), perhaps the body Pro, but that of advanced fans is for sure it will maintain the crop factor in 1.5X, serious the explanation for the launching of lenses DT of Sony and Carl Zeiss and to maintain Tamron.
But if I would dare to believe that for Pro Sony almost threw a sensor FF of 1.1X of crop factor and it would go but there in to think that one could discover or to insinuate something with the sensor of 18.7MPx that one waits for next Pro of Nikon next year.

I personally am happy with the sensor of 1.5X, I find a perfect and ample size for the lenses existent FF and I would conform to with which they improve a lot but the treatment of the noise.

Excuse my english again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:36 pm 
I would go for FF for three reasons:
1) You need a much higher resolution on APS-C sensor to get the same resolution on print as with FF, which means the lens limits the practical resolution in APS-C before it does so in FF.
2) The amount of used FF prime lenses that gives you a good wide end range (20mm and up).
3) Scalability - xxMP seems to be the sales argument of choice and FF can get a much higher pixelcount with the same lens mount. For that reason I put my lens money on FF.

There is also a downside to FF but personally I weigh the above over this.

Sony has hinted that at least one of them is FF and they continue to launch FF lenses so my guess is that FF will shows up in the next Alpha launch. But only time can tell.

Actually the two ZA primes was moved forward in release date (initially set to a year but released within half a year) only the zoom seemed to be delayed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:14 pm 
The problem of APS-C is certainly the limitation of the wild angle and super wild angle. Clearly I agree with you in their rasones although also with a sensor FF or an APS-C of high resolution we would be subjecting to the lenses to a bigger challenge for what we would discard to the existent ones and we would have to invest in new systems.

For example a while ago I read that many lenses Minolta and KM responded with very good quality in the sensors of 6MPx of the KMS 7D and 5D, but with the 10MPx of A100 many of these they began to show difficulties and many wonder like it will be their acting in sensor futures of more resolution or size.

According to some comments seen in the net, the KMS 28-75, Minolta 100-300 APO, the series G and those considered of good quality they could stay in service with the new bodies, although clearly the goal of Sony and Carl Zeiss is new optics.

To the view this is due to the density of you line for mm2 that could offer the current lenses and this would be overcome by the pixel density by mm2 in the new sensors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:17 pm 
I see that you have teams KM.

I am to acquire some lenses, among those that I hope to get is Minolta AF 100-400mm f/4.5-6.7 APO or Minolta AF 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 APO (D) and Minolta AF 500mm f/8 Mirror.

What you say of these??