Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: lumix fz35 question
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 pm 

I've got fz35 2 weeks ago and was wondering if it takes pictures like background in color mode and person in black&white? I mean I want to take my friend in grass and flowers and I want to keep grass and flower colors and make friend in black&white.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:03 am 
I should think it highly unlikely! You will have to take a colour photo of your background and a B/W photo of your main subject and use post processing to merge them.
Alternatively you can extract the colour from a colour shot progressively using masks to isolate your subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:30 am 
I know what you means , it just because the Canon SX20is can do that by software , but it just a simple postediton you can do that with any image editor like Gimp or PS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:27 pm 

You can shoot B&W and colors at the same time!
Push the arrow up, and select bracketing. AEB is enabled as standard, you have to switch it to colour and B&W.
With software later you can copy the coloured picture over the B&W picture.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:25 pm 
That's simple enough to do, even with just the iPhone application splashofcolor. Take the picture in COLOR, NOT black and white, and then you can change the background to B&W!