Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:33 am 
Honestly,it really makes sense that they will die out. The choice will be put like this : if you want compact-ness,choose a Pen or a Panasonic or a Samsung. If you want better quality,go for Canon/Nikon cameras.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:03 am 
What exactly is this supposed "better quality" Canon and Nikon have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:50 pm 
I think it´s all about compromises. smaller cameras are easy to carry with you but at the price of small-everything which in turn reflects on the poor low-light IQ. EVIL are beter low-lighters but still a little noisier and more expensive and DSLR´s are by the most huge to carry around and it´s true that you get cleaner images even in low light and it´s true, hey have lots of lenses of superb quality but honestly who carries around a dslr everywhere he goes anytime?
The best camera is the one you carry with you
E-system is one of some small and easy to carry cameras but they are not that small anyway and EVIL are smaller.
but honestly think about it: will you be selling your images at a high price to a magazine so the larger and cleaner are just unavoidable? or you are enough with family pictures and small prints where noise is not visible anyway?
E- system might be a little noisy but maybe it´s more than what you just need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:52 pm 
i tried a nikon the other day in the store. the pictures looked fake. and the camera cost as much as my entire collection. ka ka ka crazy!

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:07 pm 

I'm looking for a body which will provide movie mode and improved high ISO image quality before I upgrade my kit lenses. If this isn't revealed or announced in September at Photokina then I'll consider jumping ship. I don't see the point in investing in brighter lenses just because shooting above 800 ISO gets too ugly.

If 4/3 does die though then perhaps some of the excellent but expensive lenses will come down in price. You can pick up some discontinued lenses on ebay for next to nothing.

Panasonic G3: 9-18mm, 14mm, 20mm, 45mm