Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: asdf
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:34 am 
asdfasdf

Last edited by vpell on Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:07 am 
That is pretty scary. I just use my Cybercyncs to fire my alien bees and they have always been very reliable.

One time I even had my b800 and a medium octabox on a 13' light stand extended to 13' and the wind picked up and even with using the battery (20lbs) as an anchor it blew over and landed backwards and everything works including the cybercync receiver. Paul C Buff makes good products and they usually stand behind them, I bet they will have an answer for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:27 am 
I have cybersyncs and never had any issues, but PCB stuff tends to be built to a price (which is a good thing in most cases as it lowers the cost of entry) while keeping some pretty good quality, but, sometimes its best to keep a couple around or atleast have a long sync cord (which I have) as well as a HS adapter. But hindsight is always 20/20. I guess the best you can do is not panic!

My biggest "scare" was that I pulled a memory card out of the socket before it finished writing to the card, lost about 5 pictures, but those were mostly junk anyways :D ... this is why dual slot shooting is such an asset for idiots like me! Maybe the next model from Sony, who knows!