Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: new sonys???
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:23 pm 
(SR5) Names, fps and availability of the next four Alpha cameras!

IMPORTANT: Today or tomorrow we will install the new SonyAlphaRumors theme. We will need your help to fix bugs and add new features! Hope you will like it! The main purpose of the theme is to make content even more accessible and also to build a new Sony community ;)

The new rumor:
SonyAlphaRumors is pleased to share some new details about the next cameras! Four new APS-C cameras will be announced late August. All those cameras will be in Stock by September!

1) A55 (translucent) 16MP 10FPS EVF-1.44M 1.1X magnification 95% AVCHD full hd
2) A33 (translucent) 14MP 7FPS EVF-1.44M 1.1X magnification 95% AVCHD full hd
3) A560 14MP 7FPS MF recording AVCHD full hd
4) A580 16MP 7FPS MF recording AVCHD full hd

Those models will replace the actual Sony A550 (which has been discontinued in Japan!).

All four will feature a HDR 6EV, 15 AF focus point, DOF preview, panorama/3D, ISO 100 (base). Let me say that I expect those cameras to be awesome and real competitor (if not better) of the Canon 7D. Autofocus during video recording is way faster than the Canon, High-ISO very very good and last but not least I like the new design :)

Don’t miss any news and rumors! Follow us also on Facebook or/and Twitter or/and RSS feed!

P.S.: The best way to support us is by using our links to amazon-adorama or bhphoto (or redcoon-pixmania if you are located in Europe) when you do shopping. Once you click on them and buy something (it doesn’t matter what) we get a small commission for it and you do not pay any penny more!
Link:
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-name ... a-cameras/

The 10fps has me sold already, need it, love it, want it.
Video could't care less, but I see it as the 7D killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:47 am 
very cool ,i like. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:24 am 
It's result Good then The Cyber Shot?.I think to purchase new Camera So i thin k to purchase Cyber-shot but after looking at Your Post I just change my view.Now I will purchase A55 its gives 16 mega pixel zoom .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:19 pm 

Interesting rumors...not sure yet if those will look like upgrade potentials for me down the road from my A550. For me, video is of no interest, so that alone isn't worthwhile. The 16MP vs 14MP does nothing for me, so again, no concern.

DOF preview is a nice restoration of a previous feature - I do hope the non-Pellix cameras also bring back Program Shift and MLU.

More AF points could be good, though honestly the A550 is such a superb focusing camera there really isn't much room for improvement.

Will these be crippled when using manual focus lenses? The NEX cameras are nicely compatible with nearly any lens, using aperture control on the lens - I'd love to have this restored to the Alpha DSLR range too.

Exterior buttons are absolutely crucial to me. I need to maintain at least the viewfinder I have now, with the dual live view system the A550 has now, and do not want to see any loss of direct control buttons. The Fn menu system is fine on the A550, though direct control like the A700 wouldn't be bad to add...but don't lose EV, ISO, drive mode, DRO, etc direct buttons, please. Any more menu driven, and I really will lose some temptation for the camera.

The A550 is already killer at high ISO - slight improvement sounds good - at least to the NEX level (which is incrementally cleaner at 6400 & 12800 compared to the A5xx cameras) - or if they could squeeze an extra stop cleaner out of it.

The current 5/7fps of the A550 is fine with me. I think I lean towards the mirror cameras, as I much prefer an optical viewfinder with live view LCD, rather than EVF and LCD.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Galleries:
http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:33 am 

Same here. I would love a new decent AF system along with much higher FPS, but I'm wonder if it's going to be some sort of 'speed priority' at 10 fps, or really with the possibility to change the focus and exposure (when shooting in S or A, for instance).

It's not that I don't welcome new developments, but it's still only 1.44 MP, this EVF. It ain't exactly that much...it's like just a little bit (about 0.44 MP) more than this LCD's resolution (13"). I also wonder if it slows down in low-light, like live view does. Panasonic's GH2 or so has the same EVF resolution, and a 60 fps refresh rate - but also in low-light ? I really don't know a lot about EVFs...and I think at this time I'm more waiting to see how the A55 will work, and I'm really waiting for the A7XX's specifications. Especially the OVF's size, as it will have live view...

We might experience a similar couple of events like in 2007 (source: Wiki):

Quote:
On March 8, 2007, at the PMA Trade Show, Sony announced two new α cameras, both positioned to be "above" the α100 in the Alpha line-up. One model was referred to as a "high amateur" model, with a release date of late 2007. On September 6, 2007, Sony announced that the Sony α700 would be launched on November 16, 2007. However, the Sony A700 went on sale almost immediately. By the end of Sept 2007, the A700 could be ordered from SonyStyle.com or purchased at most BestBuy locations.

Sony is reportedly having a press conference on 13 September...

Still dreaming of an A900 (perhaps with a new sensor...32 MP :P) with the same huge OVF, 5 fps, A550-level ISO and live view performance and HD-video, for € 2000...

My photos on Flickr...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:30 pm 
EVF - not for me!!

For starters it hurts your eyes, its not true view and rubbish & cheap.

dSLR photography is about mirrors, not EFVers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:03 pm 

I'd like to think it's still a kind of technology which is still in its early days...and along the way it will become better and better.

Look at live view. Sony pretty much invented and pioneered usable (I'd like to emphasize usable) live view, contrary to Canon and Nikon (A550/A500: 4 fps in LV...don't think Canon or Nikon are going to beat that anytime soon).

So, from my point of view, it might be useable in the future...but it's not perfect yet.

Still wonder how Sony will implement it's famous Quick AF Live View into a camera which is known (and needs) to have a large OVF with the corresponding large pentaprism...

My photos on Flickr...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:50 am 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, official sticky threads now started, so these ones now locked - cheers!

Gordon

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]