Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:39 am 

Hi All

I apology for all the participants of june month as my colleagues opted my photo as best photo for this month..

Inspired by the gear i am owning they wanted to buy cameras for themselves and i recommened cameralabs to go through the reviews posted here and then get a camera for themselves and told them that we have an assignment every month in cameralabs where we(cameralabs participants) post all of our best shots based on the theme..

I told them to vote for the best shot but being a colleague they have voted for me instead of choosing the best shot where i felt guilty of myself as clearly i dont want to get votes by recommendation, this way i cant improve myself and i cant go further in this photography world...

Please dont count my votes for this month and let the best shot win the accolades.. certainly if i were in the other shoes i would hate somebody winning the competition by doing fraud..

Being an active cameralabs member if i wanted to cheat and win i would have done it long time back as i am participating in assignments from long time back and i have never done it till date...

I wanted to apology publicly to all of you and will suggest my colleagues not to repeat this again going further as doing this way they are only making me look guilty and not helping me in anyway.

Regards
Mano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:52 am 

I don't think you needed to take down your photo I think they were just showing their support for you, I wouldn't take it as them stuffing the ballot box or something malicious.

There is some rule about not asking people to sign up and vote you, but you didn't ask them to vote for you, I guess it better to give your colleagues a gentle nudge about the rules, but that should not spoil you from contributing to a photo submission contest that is for fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:38 am 
Hi Mano,

I agree with capital. I think it's great your getting new members over to the forum :D From what you've said above they have gone to the Assignment and voted for what picture they think is best. OK there may be some bias, but you never said to them VOTE FOR ME !!

I think this makes you not a "fraud" but someone who aspires to increase the amount of members we have on the forum.

Don't get yourself down about it my friend.

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:49 am 
Site Admin

Hi Mano, thanks for your post.

We all appreciate your honesty about this.

Many of us have asked friends, colleagues and even other Camera Labs members to vote for them in other competitions, so it may not seem unreasonable to do it in the Assignment. But the Assignment is a small poll where a few extra votes from new members really can swing the score significantly.

As such I've updated the rules of the assignment to request that people don't ask their friends or colleagues to sign-up just to vote for them. Please keep the voting to regular members of the forum, or new ones who intend to regularly participate in the future.

By all means encourage your friends and colleagues to join - but it's probably best not to do so with your image in an active assignment poll in case they inevitably try and support you.

Thanks,

Gordon

PS - as requested by Mano, I have removed his entry from the assignment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:14 am 

Thanks everybody for not stamping me as "fraud" ...

this relieves me much...

thanks gordon for removing my image from the competition..

will be ready for the next assignment though..

Cheers
Mano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:10 am 

Hi Mano,

I believe the French would say "Chapeau". It takes greatness of spirit to do what you've just done to remove even the smallest hint of suspicion of gerrymandering even though that wasn't what you'd organised. The act of a gentleman and I look forward to reading more of your posts and seeing more of your photos. 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Last edited by Bob Andersson on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:14 am 

Thanks Bob... I really liked the way you appreciated me...

Will certainly post more photos going further...

Thanks a lot for you reply once again and have a nice day..

Cheers
Mano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:39 am 
Site Admin

PS - Mano, remember for your next assignment entry though, please no larger than 500 pixels wide!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:06 pm 

Or 500 pixels high :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:53 am 

Dilbarmano, highly commendable action you have taken.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:22 am 

Hi 4xxxx..

Thanks for your comments..

Cheers
Mano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm 

That's very honest and honorable of you Mano, very much appreciated!

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:54 pm 
Honesty on the web!! This is so refreshing, and long may it last. Top marks Mano.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:35 pm 

Hi Bjorn / Clactonian

Thanks for your comments and appreciation... I never expected so many people will pat me for this as the reason i have posted this thread is only to apologise to the participants of this forum and try to clear myself , my conscience with guilt i am shouldering now..

Ofcourse , this honesty is something which i have believed in and because of this honesty i have lost many things so far , but i stand where i am and will never leave this at any cost just like anybody here in this forum...

As some say "It takes a second to cheat somebody , but it takes a life time to forgive ourselves for that"...

But from bottom of my heart i thank everybody here who invested their precious time in replying back to this thread....

I cant wait for the next assignment though... after all i have to start using my new lens 70-200mm F2.8L IS mk2 and its potential as the investment i have done on this... atleast my wife needs an explanation from me on this investment.. she still whacks me for what i have done , but i got used to this :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Mano