Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: "p" or Programed AE
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:39 am 
I Have a Fuji S6000fd and one the modes is "p" as most DSLR,s have and the manual is not much help, is it that Camera picks the apeture value and shutter value and I get to pick everything else? ie ISO etc. if so it is,int working.anyway what is "P"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:09 pm 
Hi. You are correct with Program Mode controlling both your aperture and shutter speed. Unlike Auto, it leaves you with a few parameters to play with such as the white balance, ISO rating and when to use the pop-up flash.

Now, can you tell us more about what isn't working?

Post subject: What is,int working
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:40 pm 
I have tried to change the IOS value while in "P" and It does not sim to be using it, from I have learned from using the camera it appears that 400 asa is about as high as it go and still take a good picture

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:12 pm 
What sort of conditions are you finding that ISO 400 is the limit? are these indoor shots, landscapes, etc? Do you think you could possibly post a photo up with the EXIF data so we can see what might be the problem?

Post subject: Iso limit
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:34 pm 
Mostly it,s indoors I ve been taking a lot test shots, and early on it was mosty in Auto and now that I better understand the camera I will play with Higher ISO,s and I have also changed to the soft setting which also is helping, and by the way many thanks for your help and I love your web site, it,s the standard by which all others should be trying to achive, I, ve learned more from it than anywhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:44 pm 
Thanks...but it's not my website. You'd have to thank Gordon Laing for his efforts. If you're taking indoor shots and want to use low ISO values, steady your camera on a sturdy tripod or a flat surface. You can raise the ISO for handholding indoors, but you may have a trade-off for noise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:34 am 
I don't know if it's the same for all cameras, but the D40's Program mode alllows some degree of manual setting for aperture/shutter speed. if you turn the dial while in "P" mode, the camera navigates, depending on shooting conditions, through a few aperture/shutter speed combinations.

Of course, unlike in A or S modes, you can't push things too far, P mode gives the option of two or three combinations of aperture/shutter speed that the camera deems ideal or at least good enough for the shooting conditions. I think is a neat feature for begginers since it lets you "experiment" with the camera setting while asuring that the experimentation won't go as far as to spoil the shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:36 am 

I have the s6000 as well and although I don't often play with the iso, I'm typically in a very well lit environment, I did take one shot with it at 800 and it's very noisy. But I'm not really sure what your asking...

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"