Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:01 am 
Interesting Interview Gordon! bit late here :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:07 pm 
"Just a note this first paragraph I wrote was after what I wrote below, because after I finished writing i felt I wrote a lot and I wanted to write this short version in case you don't want to read the whole lot." Thank you so much for this interview. Chase Jarvis is my favorite photographer maybe because he is so public about his work. The quality of the interview was fine and the questions were great. Thank you.

Just watched your interview and I thought it was great, I read the article about how you did it and what you would do different, really the only problem I thought with the footage is when you sat forward out of frame and when coffee machine went. Rest of it was fine. But the thing that made this interview great was the questions. You were asking the questions I was thinking.

I don't think tho you shouldn't be limited about time, after all it is the internet. Go ahead and create part 3 talking about "songs for eating and drinking". I think about this type of content a lot and I think the only thing that limits videos in time is how interesting you can keep it because their are so many videos on the internet and so little time in a day (I think I read somewhere that every minuet or hour, 24hours of video is uploaded), for example this interview was 25min or something didn't at all feel like that. Felt like 10min. Other example's are the regular video persons on youtube like philip defranco, ray william johnson, ijustine and I think most importantly to me lately is charles trippy.

Philip and Ray both have the same kind of show, a 4min show that is funny and the content has to be very lively the whole way through to keep interest. Charles trippy tho, I still don't know how he does it but his videos are about 13min long EVERY DAY. He does a vlog every day and I don't get bored or loose interest the whole way through. So going back to what I said earlier, time limit on the internet I think is based by the content you have and for what you did in this interview I felt I wanted it to go longer and I think that's a great achievement.

So I don't think at all you should feel at all that the video quality took away from the interview because it didn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:47 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Adi, and thanks Marzy (I read your whole message!)

Marzy, the edited section was interesting, but not all that relevant to the main interview - we went off on a tangent and I also felt Chase thought it had gone a bit off-topic by the end, so that's why it went. Coincidentally it also allowed the other discussions to edit down into two sections of a similar and manageable length, although yes, you're right, there isn't a technical limitation on length (apart from uploading gigabytes of data from the other side of the world!)

Glad the technical issues I was experiencing weren't too distracting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:17 pm 
Bravo for getting the interview, bravo for the questions and bravo for letting the guy talk.

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Matt!