Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: dmc-fz28 dust on sensor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:46 pm 
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone could give me some advice on my camera.

I have a Lumix FZ28 and I am getting three blotches on my pictures like dirty finger marks on a piece of paper. They are always in the same place and the worst one is visible in the Electronic eye piece as well if you look carefully.

The lens is spotless I have cleaned it with a microfibre and some alcohol but it makes no difference.

The blotches are very visible on a clear blue sky.

I think it is contamination that has gotten inside on the lens or sensor from looking around the web it looks like the same problem that DSLR users can suffer from.

Is there anything that can be done for this ? As you cannot get at the sensor.

This camera has everything I need the image quality is good enough for my tastes and its such a great all rounder it's just so annoying to see these marks, its 20 months old and only used a lot on two holidays and light use at home with cat pictures.

I have looked after this camera well it is always been kept clean and stored well I have not taken it to any dusty places I can remember.

I was hoping to get a fair bit more use from this and am annoyed at this because it was the dust problems that put me off a DSLR.

I'm not holding out much hope, but just in case thanks for any advice if you can help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:09 pm 

Canon DSLRs have software supplied with you can upload photos with dust on the sensor, the software will ''see'' that and remove it from your pictures.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:44 pm 
I have not seen any option like that for the fz28, I can use Photoshop

Elements which I have, to edit out or clone over but its not Ideal.

I have looked for a guide to show how to disassemble the camera so I could try cleaning it but have not found anything. I expect it would need to be done extremely carefully as the sensor is probably mounted in a magnet system like cd drive lens for the stabilization mechanism.

That would be a last resort, I have looked at the Lumix G1 as an option as I would not buy this camera again only to get the same problem just more cost again which I can't really justify or afford now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:06 pm 

No, I didnt mean that;)
Just download the Canon software and install it.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:30 pm 
Sorry I will give it a try. Thanks.

EDIT: I can't fine one also I would need the original Canon disk I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:41 am 
Hi,

I am not sure, but I think you are right there. The Canon software is complementary only with Canon cameras, so....

But, how about consulting your camera store?

Jinay.