Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:17 pm 

Wow that is an amazing sunset! How did you manage to get those colours!! :shock:

Anyway I saw this on the way home from school yesterday and couldn't resist...

I wish the sun area had been a bit warmer though, maybe I could do some processing from this shot? I was only using a compact camera (Lumix TZ3) by the way! :)

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:50 pm 

ellyattc wrote:
Wow that is an amazing sunset! How did you manage to get those colours!! :shock:

Anyway I saw this on the way home from school yesterday and couldn't resist...

I wish the sun area had been a bit warmer though, maybe I could do some processing from this shot? I was only using a compact camera (Lumix TZ3) by the way! :)

Chris

That was a good one chris!...the colours are warm enough for me and for me I would compose more of the sky than the dark foreground. As you know here in Asia (Malaysia) is best for sunset shot but to get those colours and clouds especially...you got to be lucky :wink:

cheers buddy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:43 pm 

As my wife always reminds me of the rule of thirds: Just decide whether you would like to show more of the ground (=2/3 ground, 1/3 sky) or more of the sky (reciprocal), but please: don't make the horizon cut the image in half :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:48 pm 

Ah thanks I didn't know that rule! Well, I will see if there is another good sunset sometime this week and apply it :D

I processed this photo a bit and the outcome I was quite pleased with as I thought it gave it a moer exotic looking effect...the trees especially look quite African!

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:09 pm 

Really nice sunset shots. Particularly like the dramatic clouds and colours in the OP's post!

My Squidoo lens - Images of China