Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tibet and Nepal
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:33 am 
Soo, this Juli I plan on taking the month off and travelling through tibet, to nepal and back.. Any tips on photographing in high altitude/mountains?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:38 am 
If you're in a tent at altitude/cold conditions, sleep with your batteries in your sleeping bag to keep them warm.

Also bring any and every filter you have, namely ND's, ND grads, UV (definitely needs to be on the front of the lens at all times) and a polariser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:35 pm 
Adjust exposure compensation if you are shooting a lot of white. (from the snow)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:18 am 
Also, shoot at f8 and higher, when doing distant mountains. That way, you'll get the most sharpness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:45 am 
Going to Nepal.. hmm

I can suggest.

Do not stay in the city too much, there's nothing to see much and they're dirty

Go to the mountains, but remember Nepal also has plains so do not forget that.

Try capturing some children portraits, coz they will be some cutest looking babies in this world

do not forget holy part of the country and its culture, capture beautiful temples in city, majestic mountains up high and some wildlife in plains they call it "Terai" there. (I got a chance to see real rhino there)

It may rain in july, be prepared climate is modest so need not to worry.

some thrills there could be the white water rafting and bungi jump (yea they have that)

talking about the gear as somebody said have filters, all of them. Have a telephoto lens and a must wide angle lens

telling you specifically, since you're going in july go to the places like
Manang (amazing hills and landscape), Pokhara (beautiful city), Sauraha (the place where I saw the rhino), Gosaikunda (a holy place,incredibly beautiful),

If you have time go to Khumbu, Kala patthar, Jomshom, Muktinath, Annapurna base camp, Everest base camp

Plenty.. all I say is its a beautiful place to be .. show me some when ur back.. good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:49 am 
Agreed. I love Nepal. Try to minimize time in Kathmandu.. not much to see, and very polluted and dirty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:00 am 
Thanks for the travelling tips too :)

I want to go to that national park where they have tigers and rhino's in nepal, and am buying a telephoto lens in hong kong in a few weeks time. Can't wait to go :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:49 am 
I went there.

Its called Chitwan National Park. Not as many animals as I had hoped. A lot of poaching occurs. Good luck spotting them!