Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:23 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:01 pm 
Image

This white "spool" needs to be turned to the left in order to secure the film in place before use. However after having used two films with the camera since I started using it, the third time is proving a bit problematic becaue of this spool not turning.

Any ideas as to what might be preventign it from turning?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:06 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:32 pm
Posts: 9975
Location: Queenstown, New Zealand
Is the shutter already 'cocked'? Can you press the shutter release button as if you're taking a photo - if this clicks, then it may release the mechanism.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:53 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Is the shutter already 'cocked'? Can you press the shutter release button as if you're taking a photo - if this clicks, then it may release the mechanism.


I'm not quite sure what cocked means even after briefly looking it up, though no I can not press the shutter release button and... release the shutter. Nothing seems to happen when I press the button.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:33 am 
Bump?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:53 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Koko56 wrote:
Gordon Laing wrote:
Is the shutter already 'cocked'? Can you press the shutter release button as if you're taking a photo - if this clicks, then it may release the mechanism.


I'm not quite sure what cocked means even after briefly looking it up, though no I can not press the shutter release button and... release the shutter. Nothing seems to happen when I press the button.


Think about a cocked gun.

_________________
Samsung GX-10, , SA 18-55mm
Canon 5D Mark II, 40D, EF 17-40mm f/4 L, EF 24-105mm L IS, EF 50mm f/1.4

www.flickr.com/glxlr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:49 pm 
GLXLR wrote:
Koko56 wrote:
Gordon Laing wrote:
Is the shutter already 'cocked'? Can you press the shutter release button as if you're taking a photo - if this clicks, then it may release the mechanism.


I'm not quite sure what cocked means even after briefly looking it up, though no I can not press the shutter release button and... release the shutter. Nothing seems to happen when I press the button.


Think about a cocked gun.


But what does that mean?

ALso I've tried pressing the shutter release button and nothing happens.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:02 am 
Cocked He means the little black lever on the top right corner of your photograph, he means is it already engaged?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:52 pm
Posts: 2177
Location: The Netherlands
Found the answer already?
I had the same with my XG-1, the problem was simple:
1: The camera was turned off (left mode-wheel)
2: The batteries are empty.

_________________
Ruben

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:59 pm
Posts: 6009
Location: The Netherlands
For the record, cocked basically means tension is applied to some mechanism, and it is ready to be released. Like the way you pull back a catapult. All you have to do to set it in motion, is release it.

_________________
I take pictures so quickly, my highschool was "Continuous High".


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All words, images, videos and layout, copyright 2005-2012 Gordon Laing. May not be used without permission.
/ How we test / Best Cameras / Advertising / Camera reviews / Supporting Camera Labs

Webdesign by Alphabase IT
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group