Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: SB-600 replacement?
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:38 am 

The SB-600 is quite old, so i just wondered if you think a replacement could be coming anytime soon? If so, do you think it will offer any significant advantages?

I´m thinking about expanding my "flash-shooting", e.g buying another flash or two. My D90's pop-up flash can control two groups of wireless flashes, but I think I'd like to have my SB-600 mounted on my camera with other flashes as well, in that case, buying an SB-900 is my only option (I could perhaps try to find a cheap, used SB-800). The only ptoblem is that the SB-900 is a little to expensive for my taste... So therefore I'm hoping for a SB-600 replacement, with wireless controller mode. Is it worth hoping for, or will it never happen?

AF-S 85mm f/1.8G
2 x Speedlight SB-600
Yongnuo RF-603 and other accessories

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:27 pm 

Nope, we discussed this a while (1 month?) ago, and decided an update wouldn't add any significant features.

Could be wrong though....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:24 pm 
SB-600 is amazing,there's nothing I can't do with it. For weddings I will buy the SB-900,because I'll need the extra power,but that's the only style that needs that kind of power.