Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:24 pm 
Hi everyone,

I want to get a new extended zoom camera panasonic fz35 and was wondering what else do I need to buy with it. Does the package only include the camera?

Like do I need memory? If so, which types, brands and capacity are good? I really have no idea about these.

I never owned a camera before so that's why I am wondering.

Do I also need to buy a bag for it? If so, are they like laptop bags that you can choose based on size? Any recommendations?

Do I need to buy the shoulder belt (?) for it too?

What about this image (the 4th one) has a weird lens. anyone knows what it is? Is it included?

Lastly am I missing anything else?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for reading.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:16 am 
Hi vitaly,

Your box should include the camera, battery, battery charger, manual and software.

You will need to buy a Class-4 or Class-6 SD memory card. Though there will be some inbuilt memory, it will be too less to carry on with. Practically any brand can do, but if you want to be choosy, maybe go with SanDisk or Kingston.

A bag is recommended for the camera and related accessories. Choose a size which best fits your needs.

The FZ35 comes with a neck strap, and if you have a bag, a separate shoulder belt shouldn't be needed.

Quote:
What about this image (the 4th one) has a weird lens. anyone knows what it is? Is it included?

Sorry, but I don't follow you here....

You may want to buy a UV and/or polarizing filters. They are the most essential ones. A UV filter is strongly recommended as it doubles up to protect your lens.

Hope this helps,
Jinay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:38 pm 
Thanks jinay.

For the memory card, what are the classes are for? Class 6 is better?

For the 4th image, sorry I was supposed to insert an image:

What is that lens that's in the 4th image? I thought these cameras don't allow lens exchange, or is it an add-on?

Lastly for the uv filter, how can I choose one? Are they one size fits all?

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:42 pm 
Also anyone knows where is a good place to buy a camera in Canada? I heard that there are places that actually sort of give you a year or so for a fee so you can upgrade when you want, by paying the difference between 2 cameras (or maybe a little more) in that time period.

Is that true? I want to buy one with that kind of deal if possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:43 pm 
I wouldnt worry about speed (class) of your memory card. On a point and shoot, even the cheapest will be fine. You only need class 4 when shooting continuous quickly for large spells, which isnt even possible on a P&S.

Also, a protective filter on a P&S is possibly overkill.

I would guess that weird lens thing is some sort of teleconverter or macro add on and that it probably isnt included.

Is the hood included? Thats a nice touch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:04 pm 
Thanks jeremy1302, got it now.

Yeah I think there is a hood but not sure if it's included, hope so. What does it do anyway?

Also do you know any camera deals like the one in my post above yours?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:00 am 
A protector UV filter it's what you need , specially with that good Leica Lens ,and extra battery will be great and if you wanna filmimg you gonna need a extra memory card 8GB SDHC Class 4 or 6 ,I will go for Class 6 specially for filmimg, a tripod for night shotings and a carry bag something like Lowerpro Apex 110 or 140 ,besides need a cleaning kit lens or I really find nice the lenspen it's small and working fine on filters ,that was my 2 cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:52 am 
Will this camera really make use of a class 6 card? Certainly not for photos, do you plan on filming a lot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:20 am 

Class 2 is enought for taking photos, I got a class 4 too, and is for video fast enough.
that lens is a extended lens, called a teleconverter 1.7x, which costs around, uhm, very expensive.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:01 pm 
Hi,

A lens hood comes with the camera. As for choosing filters, your lens thread is 46mm, so that diameter filters will fit your lens through the screw mount. As for quality, multi-coated filters are better that single-coated ones. But, the difference would be visible under very specific conditions or maybe if you look very closely. Otherwise, you probably will find the cheaper ones a "bang for the buck."

Jinay.