Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:43 pm 

I got pricing from one Norwegian shop today:

11495 NOK = 1500 € = 1950 $

I wanted it to be a bit cheaper, but I guess I was fooling myself thinking that it would be..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:32 pm 
Haha £300 more and you can get the Nikon?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:55 pm 

Keep in mind this is the Norwegian price, and those are usually pretty high..
Norwegian prices:

Sigma 70-200 2.8 OS: 11495 NOK = 1500 € = 1950 $ = 1300 £
Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VR II: 17330 NOK = 2250 € = 3050 $ = 2000 £

So a bit bigger difference than that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 pm 
Yea fair enuff, we shall wait and see!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:34 pm 

Indeed :wink:
It's gonna be interesting to see the prices in other countries

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:49 pm 
Here it's something like this : Sigma 2000$,Nikon 3000$ :) So I can say the Sigma is worth it at the moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:01 am 
In norway you have been lucky, my camera dealer has set the price here in sweden to 16 995 swedish krona, **** I will have to look around for a better price....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:31 am 

@ bigblocke: scandinavianphoto.se? I see the Norwegian version of that site want 14 095 Norwegian Kroner for it, which pretty much equals 16 995 Swedish.
Since I found a shop that want 11 495 NOK for it, I guess you have good chances to find it cheaper then. Let's hope so at least

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:24 pm 
Thats right, scandinavianphoto, their service is excellent but their prices are somtimes not so competitive :D

Yes I bet the lens can be found at a better price.

But just as a small thought, If the lens will be priced at about 80% of the original Nikkor 70-200 VR II, whats the best bang for the buck do you guys think? because I have to be honest, The difference between those lenses makes me wonder if the Nikor is a better deal when conseidering a stabilized 70-200 zoom....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:59 pm 
Hello
For all of us waiting for this lens to arrive, I have got the latest info from my local dealer who have ordered it from Sigma and sais that the Canon mount comes first in July and later the Nikon mount in August.

This applies to Sweden fist, but for all of you not living in the USA where things always show up fist it seems, I think this is a pretty good reference.
Must say I am disappointed with the late delivery dates, sigma should have had the lens on the market at least by now...

Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:22 pm 
hi guys, i just need your advice...newbie to photography...im planning to buy another lens which i will use for sports and portrait, and the sigma 70-200mm hsm II is the one fit for my budget...can I use it for potrait even it is not OS capable?
if you have another suggestion and option : :D i'm greatful to read them...by the way im using nikon d90,is the weight of the camera&lens will not be a problem in balancing?

thanks guys....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:00 am 
Well, guess I'm more fortunate here in Canada. The price difference is much less here. Sigma's 70-200 OS is running around $1,900 CAD versus Nikon's 70-200 VR II which is going for $2,140 CAD at my favourite lowballing store, so I guess the choice is a bit more obvious.

@a_ron: It's a decent lens, but personally I find that I would prefer to have stabilization in a lens such as the 70-200. It won't be an issue for portraits (provided they're well lit, naturally or with lights) or daytime sports, but if you want to shoot in low-light, it might be an issue.

The lens is quite comfortable on my D90, although do note that you are purchasing an f/2.8 lens and a Sigma EX lens, which means the good construction and the sheer amount of glass is definitely going to be much heavier than the kit lens. It's not "break your arms/neck" heavy, but you'll definitely notice it when you're carrying it around. Try it out in a store if you can to get an idea of what you're dealing with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:50 pm 
@dojobear....tnx for the comment and advice...im a little bit confuse now...haha..now i will thinkk hard and really stetchhhhhh my budget if im going for the OS/VR bec i will use it often in an indoor game..
suggestion for sigma os and nikkor vr I?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:54 pm 
hey guys need help...just confuse wether to invest on nikkor 70-200mm vr i or to sigma 70-200hsm ii + sb800+battery pak...newbee to photogrpy...do i need the vr to get good pictures?...what will be the technic to use sigma 70-200 to get gud&crisp pik...?

i would b pleased to read your comments..

tnx&gud day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 pm 

I don't know the Sigma, but the Nikkor (and am very content with it).
And my bet would be to get the Nikkor if I was to invest that much money.