Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:14 pm 
I have a couple of toads in my pond at the moment, but i can't seem to be able to get any decent shots of them in the daytime.

i tried to photograph them yesterday afternoon when they were in the ledges of my pond, but the water kept reflecting and the pic turned out a bit blurry.

Then last night they were out of the pond on the pebbles around the pond area, i took some photos but had to use the flash because it was 9pm, photos turned out fine but i just want to get a more natural looking photo in the daytime if i can.

I have the same problem with trying to photograph my goldfish in my pond

Can anyone give me any advice on settings to use etc?

I have a canon 400d camera. Lens i have are the 18mm-55mm lens and also a 55mm-250mm efs lens

thanks
Michelle x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:28 pm 

Is light reflecting off the surface of the water the main problem? If so, get a polariser. Even a cheap one will do for starters. When adjusted to the right angle, it can significantly reduce the reflection. Its effectiveness can vary with the angle of reflection though, so you may need to experiment.

See also this page which focuses more on landscapes but similar applies.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.