Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:00 pm 
Calm down guys, remeber this is a friendly forum where you should respect that people have different opinions about whats good and bad. We don't want a full size megapixelwar, that would only be useless.

I have read what you said and both sides are right, more megapixels in a sensor sure makes better images if they are scaled up a lot, or you make a small crop from it, but otherwise, as the real life often is, those large scale ups and mega crops are not made and you are perfectly fine with a D2H featuring 4mp. Isn't that pretty much it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:09 pm 
If theory is right it's right 100% of the time. So you understand this, 1+1 is always 2 no matter what. You cannot say that 1+1 is not 2 once per every 100 times you do the calculation. :roll:

You might not need the megapixels because you obviously don't print at 300DPI nor are serious about stockphoto or any kind of image selling.

But other people are.

My argument, which you are obviously not getting, is: Some people need more than 4MP. Which makes the D2H not so competitive for these people.

I'm not trying to offend you with big letters I just don't know how else I can get my point across to you.

Please don't counter this argument with a biased sample fallacy or any other type of fallacy because that will only lenghthen this discussion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:56 pm 
Just two different opinions. 4mp does not suit you, thats fine by me. I dont shoot stock anyways. Megapixel war.Lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:57 pm 
lol this megapixel War has to end guys.
let's get out and shoot!

infact i am out shooting with my D2H today too. yay! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:53 pm 
I give up.... I just can't get the point over to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:18 pm 
Agun i see your point. 4mp does not suit everyone, eg. you.

Im not going to fall out over megapixles.lol
After all this is the friendly cameralabs forum. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:33 pm 
As an old tell goes:

Let's agree to disagree...

Let everyone have their own values and respect them instead of marking that person for his or her believes, and learn to accept the fact that other people don't share your values.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:28 pm 
I haven't said I don't respect his opinion. In fact, i've been discussing that not everyone is fine with 4mp. Which is obviously a fact.

All this time i've been defending WHY some people need more than 4mp. You people have laughed at me and tried proving me wrong linking me to Kenrockwell.com (appeal to authority fallacy).

I've expressed facts, just to be responded with made up statistics and arguments that contradict logic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:09 am 
I see your point Agun, you are right and I don't think you have disrespected anyones opinions, my statement is absolutely general and just want to make this clear to everyone, as I have felt like it was going that way.

I can agree with Agun here, linking to other sites and show pictures in very big resolution makes absolutely no sense cause it's not relevant for the discussion!

Hope this thread can go back to discussing the Nikon D2H now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:11 am 
If you're going to print big, you'll be better served with higher MP count. Do keep in mind, though, that resolving a 12mp APS-C sensor does take a heftier lens than resolving a 4mp APS-C sensor. In many situations, you're not getting the 12 mp of ie. a D90, because of issues like diffraction or just general softness with large apertures. Printed at the same size, the 12mp camera will surtainly have the advantage, there is a lot more information in it, but then again, that's to be expected. Don't expect though the same pixel level quality with the same settings on most lenses on both cameras.

But as with most issues, your milage may vary, some need higher resolution, some really don't. I've been living with 10 mp for the last 3 years, and can't say I've ever really wanted more. Couple of months ago I reviewed Sony's a850, and I kept getting irritated over the senseless amount of pixels I just didn't need - or for that matter, wanted.

That's me. It may not be you. But as long as I tell you why I don't need the higher resolution, I really don't think it's any of anyones business that I say that a given res is good enough for me.

Wanna print billboards? Okay, given that you do, and that's suprising as that market's almost gone down the drain, but given you do, you can almost surtainly afford a camera to fit the job, and I'm quite sure you're not using an APS-C dSLR, you'll probably want a digital medium format back for that.

Just my .2

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 am 
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcv6dv ... n_creation
That is a pixel war we dont want to happen!
lol you guys gotta watch it. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:08 am 

Indeed Nomix. The D2H also has a very weak AA filter, which in practive generally yields you an image comparable with 6-8 megapixels!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:05 pm 
Well, unless the 6mp sensor also has a low AA filter.

One thing, though, if Nikon had the clever mind to release a DX 6mp camera, they would have the same pixel density as a D3, or for that matter a D3s. Seriously, how good wouldn't that be? You'd have DX advantages for tele and lighter glass, with perfect files at very high ISOs.

It would give the amateurs access to the most excellent high ISO performance, the pros will still want their pro bodies, so they won't sell less Dx bodies..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:42 am 

Indeed, it would be the dream of many cameralabs members but I'd guess it wouldn't sell well in the mainstream market, or would horribly undercut sales from the D5000....we can still dream though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:54 am 
Damn guys, if the camera produces quality professional images, taken by a person who knows how to create professional images, it freaking doesn't matter what dslr brand or type it is...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next